z

Young Writers Society

The Great Tortoise Race of 2020

Do you plan to participate in Team Tortoise in June?

Yes. I love special badges.
16%
Yes - FOR THE TORTOISES!!
25%
Of course! Just one review a day? Easy!
13%
I'll try...
27%
No, but I'll probably join Team Hare and write 30 reviews on June 30th.
4%
We'll see...
16%

Total votes : 56

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu May 28, 2020 3:11 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

THE GREAT TORTOISE RACE OF 2020

Greetings YWSers! Every month there's a chance to complete Team Tortoise by writing one Review each day of the month - however in June we're having a special race! That's right! We're bringing back the Great Tortoise Race complete with an extra special badge! :mrgreen:

We're encouraging members to give this Reviewing Challenge a try and support each other with the hashtag #TeamTortoise. All you have to do to participate is write one review each and every day during the month of June - the site will keep track of who is still active in the challenge on the Team Tortoise Leaderboards (link).

If you'd like, you're welcome to utilize this nifty banner that @Kaylaa designed for the Legendary Great Tortoise Race of 2017.

Code: Select all
[img]http://i.imgur.com/eoTTn3G.jpg[/img]

So... are you brave enough to try out this challenge? Do you have a different set of #ReviewGoals you're going to try out? Let us know below!

Good luck to you all and remember, slow and steady wins the race!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:59 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Oh gosh, I usually intend to do this every month and miss out day one...
But I have done one today! So we'll see how this lasts...

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:19 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

I've decided last minute to jump back on the tortoise bandwagon. I've still got a few reviews on my list, and I have a dream of seeing the green room emptied, so LET'S DO IT!!

I make my own policies.

1227 Reviews

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:30 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Wow! We've got a great crew of Tortoises who have made their way through the start-line! Taking a look through the recruits there are some Team Tortoise veterans who have accomplished this race many times over, some noted reviewers from our last Review Day battles, and a whole collection of new racers! It'll be a tight race for sure, but you've all got this! Good luck to the 32 Users entered in Team Tortoise - 1 review down, only 29 to go!

@Tenyo @myjaspercat @soundofmind @JabberHut @Haraya @JesseWrites @mememimer @IcyFlame @Magebird @Zoom @Katteex @Gravitem @sulagna @Beautifulsparkle @alliyah @EditorAndPerks @Ishan212 @Que @EternalRain @Tuckster @LittleLee @whatchamacallit @Traves @Liberty @LadyVendetta @LZPianoGirl @ChrisDixon @silverquill12 @starlitmind @Shadeflame @nanda @Scribbler20

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:03 pm
View Likes
mememimer says...

Guess who's excited to review works for the whole month of June? :)

*drumrolls

ME!

1227 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

5 days in and the Great Tortoise Race has narrowed to just 19 reviewers!
Right now we've got Haraya leading the pack with 11 reviews, while myjaspercat and mememimer are close behind with 10 each! There've been great reviews from all the tortoises though, so join me in cheering them on!!

@Haraya @myjaspercat @mememimer @nanda @JabberHut @alliyah @LittleLee @IcyFlame @Magebird @whatchamacallit @Traves @LadyVendetta @sulagna @starlitmind @Shadeflame @EditorAndPerks @Que @EternalRain @Gravitem

Keep that steady pace going tortoises, you can do it! :)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:58 am
View Likes
sulagna says...

Has the race started?

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:15 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

@sulagna it started on June 1st!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

39 Reviews

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:10 am
View Likes
sulagna says...

No I was reviewing but then I thought to get confirmed

1227 Reviews

Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:18 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@sulagna you can actually participate in Team Tortoise any month - each round starts on the first of the month; all you do to participate is write a review every single day without missing a day - so if you missed the opportunity this month, you can join up in July! We're just doing a special badge this month for the Great Tortoise Race, but there's a different badge for regular Team Tortoise participation.

Good luck in your reviews this June!

39 Reviews

1227 Reviews

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:34 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Well fellow Tortoises, spectators, and fans, we have made it a third of the way through the month in this Great Tortoise Race! The race has tested the endurance of several reviewers and the number of racers has certainly thinned to just 14 tortoises left! Here are the determined racers who are still fighting to complete the race!

@Haraya (leading the charge with 22 reviews!), @LittleLee (not far behind with 15 reviews!), @JabberHut (a team tortoise veteran known for enthusiastic CAPITALIZATION & helping cover the novel-world of reviewing), @alliyah (<- honestly no idea who this is), @whatchamacallit (a recent featured member who has been reviewing art, poetry, novels, and everything under the sun), @Shadeflame, @IcyFlame (interesting we've got two flame-usernames in a row right?) @EditorAndPerks, @EternalRain (woah, two of our Squills editors are also racing together? cool!) @Magebird (who released an announcement on her wall that she may be finishing up the race, this is yet to be confirmed by the tortoise referees), and all with 9 reviews so far: @Traves, @Gravitem, @LadyVendetta, and @starlitmind

Good luck to all the racers! Please join me in wishing them luck! Go, go, go! (but remember the tortoise advice - slow and steady wins the race!) :D

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:59 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

YAY! Go us!
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

1227 Reviews

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:20 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Our Tortoise Race has only 12 contestants left in the running! And slowly but surely, they've made it half-way around the race track. This is sure a dedicated bunch of reviewers! Let's give them a cheer as they round the corner and move towards those last 14 reviews!

Hip hip hooray! Keep it up!

@Haraya (still leading the pack with 28 reviews!), @LittleLee, @JabberHut, @whatchamacallit, @IcyFlame, @alliyah, @Gravitem, @Shadeflame, @EternalRain, @Traves, @LadyVendetta, @starlitmind

Also if you've had to drop out of Team Tortoise you might consider trying to accomplish 30 Reviews anyways with "Team Hare" there's no badge, but you'll be sure to get a shout-out here at the end of the month!

1227 Reviews

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:29 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Only one week left for our final tortoises in what has been a history-making Great Tortoise Race! Some diligent reviewers have fallen out in the last few days, but perhaps they'll catch Team Hare with 30 at the end. Let's give our final eight racers a big cheer as they near the finish line!!

1 @LittleLee 35
2 @whatchamacallit 31
3 @Gravitem 30
4 @JabberHut 25
5 @IcyFlame 24
5 @LadyBug 24
7 @EternalRain 23
7 @starlitmind 23

Go, Go, Go!! You can do it!!!!

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte