z

Young Writers Society

What are your 2020 writing resolutions?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 pm
tgham99 says...

In the spirit of the new year, I'd love to hear about what goals everyone is trying to reach with their writing, whether it be personally or professionally.

My goal is to break out of my comfort zone more and experiment with lengthier types of literature, like short stories and chapters for a potential novel. I'd like to move away from poetry, which is the type of writing that I've focused on a lot up until this point, and I'm setting the goal of writing at least 2 short stories a month for this year. This goes hand in hand with my larger goal of compiling a collection of my short stories by December to see how much my writing has developed.

What about you? Are you hoping to get published in a literary magazine this year, or perhaps have your novel reach bookstores? Are you trying to meet a certain word count or chapter count month-by-month? I'm curious to see what everyone's hoping to accomplish this year :D
"Writing well means never having to say, 'I guess you had to be there.'" -- Jef Mallett

♡ ♡ ♡

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:24 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

For me I want to go and edit my full novel about elves and natural catastrophes and hopefully submit it to a contest called author mentor match! :D I'm toddling along in an overhaul right now but I AM TRYING UGH AND IT IS HARD

Plus I want to read/review and SB more in general so I can improve my writing! I'm using the SB I'm part of as a way to flesh out my characters (my character comes from my aforementioned WIP) and learn how to write. And read more published books and works published here so I can study what works and doesn't.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:58 pm
STRvArmory says...

We're more than halfway through it now, but my goal remains the same: to use this year as my first year of training outside of my usual habits. To use this site and others to create a base and finally start working on my two projects in public.

By the end of this year, I hope that my training routine will be so engraved into my habits that they come naturally.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou