z

Young Writers Society

What Was The Best And Worst Movie You Ever Saw?

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:57 pm
EverLight says...

The movie I hated the most was Shriek. It was just so cringe worthy. I believe that it's the worst movie ever.

I haven't decided yet, what my favorite movie is yet.
I'm winning at life!

Reviews: 1
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:47 am
STRvArmory says...

I don't really rank my movies, so, I'll just share what I can.

♠A movie I've enjoyed quite a bit is called Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem.

It's really not that hard to explain: it's just a fun little sci-fi story about an alien group of musicians that get kidnapped and sent to Earth by some generic evil madman hellbent on using their talent for his own nefarious benefits.
What makes it so great, however, aside from the art style, is the execution of its storytelling. There is no sound except Daft Punk's music of the time, and the music itself tells the story and struggles of the four main characters, as well as what it's like for them to lose their home and long for their return to it.

Obviously, I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone that doesn't enjoy either sci-fi or any form of electronic musical wonder. For any that can so much as tolerate either of those, however, it should at least be an enjoyable watch. Personally, I just consider it as a rather powerful Feel Good whenever I need it.

♠Worse-wise, The Scorpion King would be my choice. I expected an epic retelling of the failed conquest that led to the man who sold his soul to Anubis in order to both survive and fulfill his reckless dream of world domination, but instead, what followed was a moderate action/adventure love story that technically serves no purpose within the continuity of the Mummy series because the second movie already informs us that the Scorpion King is going to fail miserably.
The movie also succeeds in breaking the previously established mystique of the character with questionable moments of comedy that work just fine in The Mummy, but much less in a movie supposed to be about a much more brutal character.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:27 pm
Richcoop says...

I've watched a lot of movies, and I don't want to rank them. All films are interesting in their own way and are not given to be understood by everyone. Everyone understands and analyzes according to their own preferences. It seems to me that I watched all the films in the world and got a little bored of them, that's why I switched to series. I like Turkish TV shows the most turkiseries.com , even if they are very long. They are not dull and even quite interesting, by male actors, hi hi. Honestly, in my life, I haven't seen such beautiful and tasty men. Now I want a Turkish husband.
Last edited by Richcoop on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:46 pm
starbean says...

The worst movie? Probably the How to Train your Dragon series that my brothers watch all the time. Blegh. Favorite movie? Hmmm... Parent Trap, Sound of music, or one called "School of Life" that sadly is in french which I can't understand. At least it has closed captions! It is about a Parisian orphan boy who is adopted into a family who is a servant to "The Count" and he meets a so-called poacher called "Totoche" who teaches him his way of life. One day, he sees a legendary stag with many points and then "The Count" becomes sick soon after the boy learns that he is his grandparent and dies. After that, his son tries to kill the stag but fails and in "The Count's" will we find out that the farm is left to the boy.
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx