33%

Total votes : 61

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:59 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

No! I heard getting them are painful so I'm scared xD

To be more serious, though, given that I'm half-Japanese growing up in an Asian household there's always this taboo of tattoos stamped in my head. In Japan, tattoos tend to be linked to yakuza or Mafiya people. It's not like I'm going to lay any judgment on people with tattoos - it's more like the fact that I'd rather just not have one.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

It's interesting to see how uncommon tattoos are on here, but the tattoos talked about have all been really cool!

I have one. It's the formula for the sine of a triangle (S O/H) on my calf. It was originally inspired by a Sidney Gish song, but now I only tell people I love math. Which is true, somewhat, and I definitely want to get derivatives and other equations on my thighs/legs. They'd have to be stick and pokes like the first one is. I'd almost recommend doing that first if you have a decent pain tolerance, pick a good spot (not the ankle or the hip), and know someone who observes decent health standards.

The dream tattoo is a black-and-white outline of Anne Sexton's face on my bicep. That would shatter a lot of job opportunities (even if it's theatre based), and the ability to have a steady life should be weighed over having sick as h*ck body cartoons.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:01 am
View Likes
JesseWrites says...

Edited*
Last edited by JesseWrites on Sat May 23, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu May 14, 2020 4:56 am
View Likes
rainforest says...

this is such a fun thread!

as of now, i do have one tattoo. i have a trumpet on my left tricep/back of my arm. i got this tattoo in october of 2019 to commemorate my passion for music and performance. another reason as to why i got the tattoo is because lady gaga has the same tattoo and she's been a huge inspiration with everything i do. i've also been listening to her since i was eight years old, so that's another reason! she got the tattoo while recording the "cheek to cheek" album with my favorite jazz artist tony bennett, who is the original artist of the drawing.

right now, i'm booked to get another tattoo, which will be the moon phases placed on my spine. for starters, the placement is such a beautiful and fluid place to really get a vertical tattoo, but also i love the moon. for as long as i can remember, i've always had a connection to the moon and it's many phases, so i figured i would get it.

i am planning on getting more tattoos in the future!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon May 18, 2020 2:51 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

I don't think I will get a tattoo. Don't get me wrong, tattoos are completely cool with me. And I've thought about getting tattoos in the future, just because. But I have a couple reasons not to...

One is that my mind changes very easily. I am a wishy-washy person on most subjects. If someone I trust gives a good argument for something, I'll go along with them. If right after that incident another trusted person gives a good argument, I might start to lean towards their side, despite myself taking the opposite stance a few minutes earlier. And it doesn't always have to be someone I trust. I've found myself agreeing with people that I barely know, just because I'm a wishy-washy person. That's why I usually don't form completely-left-or-right decisions, because I understand both sides, and I know if I take one I'll soon see the other side and feel conflicted.

Of course, there are a lot of things that I have a opinion on, most of them having to do with a stance against immortality and bullsh*t. But I think because me and my feelings shift a lot, because I'm a wishy-washy person, I'm not going to get a tattoo.

However, even if I actually find stable ground and a tattoo design I really like, I have another reason why I shouldn't get a tattoo: I have O negative blood. That makes me a universal blood donor, or I can donate blood to any blood type. O negative blood isn't exactly rare, but it's valuable, and it can help just about everyone. If I got a tattoo, ink would enter my bloodstream, essentially screwing my universal-donorship. I couldn't donate blood anymore. And I want to be able to donate blood.

So much more likely than not, I'm not going to get a tattoo. As a result of this (perhaps teenage longing?) I draw on myself sometimes, making tiny little temporary designs that I can enjoy for a short while, knowing that my blood will stay clean and eventually I can change out one drawing for another. That's my reasoning.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon May 18, 2020 3:37 pm
View Likes
madisonperkins59 says...

I am not thinking about getting any tattoos anytime soon. I have thought about getting one someday but I'm not even old enough to get any so I haven't put much thought into it.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue May 19, 2020 9:27 am
View Likes
Asith says...

Lia5Giba wrote: @Lia5Giba
However, even if I actually find stable ground and a tattoo design I really like, I have another reason why I shouldn't get a tattoo: I have O negative blood. That makes me a universal blood donor, or I can donate blood to any blood type. O negative blood isn't exactly rare, but it's valuable, and it can help just about everyone. If I got a tattoo, ink would enter my bloodstream, essentially screwing my universal-donorship. I couldn't donate blood anymore. And I want to be able to donate blood.

You're still eligible to donate blood if you get a tattoo at a regulated facility, and even if you don't, I'm pretty sure you're only ineligible for about a year or so after getting the tattoo :)
(It's not really the ink that's the problem afaik, it's risk of infection after getting pierced by the needle)

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun May 24, 2020 4:33 am
Fishr says...

“ I have O negative blood. That makes me a universal blood donor, or I can donate blood to any blood type. O negative blood isn't exactly rare, but it's valuable, and it can help just about everyone. If I got a tattoo, ink would enter my bloodstream, essentially screwing my universal-donorship. I couldn't donate blood anymore. And I want to be able to donate blood.”

I have 6 and I am an O negative or positive, I can’t remember which offhand but I wanted to tell you that ink does not go into the bloodstream. That is silly. The ink is permanent but the needle drags on the surface of your skin. Occasionally there is blood because it is an open wound but where you assumed you could never donate again if you got a tattoo is incorrect. 😉 By the way, I donate blood too. Of course, every time I get new ink, I have to wait a full year before I am allowed to donate blood again. Precautions. So, if you really want some artwork to admire everyday, go get that lovely design and wear it proudly.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:52 pm
STRvArmory says...

Spoiler! :

If I can't find this particular symbol on a trinket, I'll probably invest in a tattoo. There's mild scarification in my family, so, I have less stigma related to tattoos than most people. Or at least, that's what I've come to realize over the years. This symbol relates to both a character and a concept that speaks to me personally anyway, so, I'm pretty much all set.

Oh, and the checkered background is important; but optional.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:18 am
View Likes
Via says...

I have 4. I got my first at 16, my mom took me and paid for it. My most recent one I got last year to commemorate everywhere we have lived and the birthplaces of my kids, but there was a 10 year gap between my 3rd and my 4th tattoos.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk