z

Young Writers Society

Favorite Harry Potter Characters

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:30 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Okay, I want to hear from you! Who are your favorite HP characters and why? I'll start :D

I should say Hermione Granger because she's bookish and brave and all (though a tad judgemental) and my inner book dragon-ishness pulls me to her.

And of course, Luna Lovegood <3333 I think she might be one of my all-time favorite characters. She's so much her unique self that it feels wonderfully fresh and I definitely want to befriend her ahhhhhh. No words can describe my adoration of her <3 I'm terrible and have only watched the 1st and 2nd HP movies but I hope to reach movie #5 so I can see her onscreen for the first time.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:46 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Neville Longbottom is my favorite Harry Potter character, and is one of my favorite characters in all of literature. (Neville the bunny didn't earn that name for no reason :p) I absolutely ADORE his arc and it makes me cry every single time.

Neville winning the house cup for Gryffindor in the first book because had the courage to stand up to his friends is honestly one of my favorite moments in the entire series. I love that shy, bumbling, little Neville got to have that big moment, when up until then he had zero confidence and didn't think he belonged in the wizarding world and all he did was make mistakes and get picked on.

And then we get to know Neville and learn about all of his pain and all of the weight on his shoulders given the legacy of his parents and what happened to them, and we learn that Harry's fate could have been Neville's and what would have happened if Voldemort had chosen Neville's family over Harry's.

I love watching Neville slowly gain confidence in herbology and then in Dumbledore's Army and then LEADING THE RESISTANCE AT HOGWARTS IN THE 7TH YEAR. I will never forget the first time I read Harry and friends trying to get into the school and Neville coming out of the portrait in the Hog's Head saying "I knew you would come!" and we learn about all he did to stand up to the dark side.

And I still get a tear when they think Harry is dead and Neville stands up to Voldemort (beautiful parallel to his first year!!) and says "I'll join you when hell freezes over, Dumbledore's Army!" And the fact that Harry chose Neville to tell about killing Nagini when he went into the forest and SHY BUMBLING LITTLE NEVILLE GOT TO KILL NAGINI which was just so BEAUTIFULLY POETIC considering that all of this could have been about him.

I just LOVE Neville.

A close second is my girl Hermione, but I'll come back for her. Neville is the man.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:40 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Remus Lupin, the chocolate-giving werewolf professor! The third book - the only one I've read thrice - is my favorite largely because of him. He's the kindest marauder and the finest DAtDA teacher, whiiiich I admit isn't saying much. He's just such a genuinely sweet guy who likes to stand up for the underdogs and outcasts and always looks out for his old pal's son, doing everything he can to protect and prepare him.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:13 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I love all of the characters that have been mentioned so far, but Luna Lovegood is definitely my favorite character. I'm not sure how I would have answered when I was younger - I would have probably said Hermione, seeing that we're both bookworms. But my older self really does love how unique Luna is. She's not afraid of doing her own thing, even if that means other people think she's strange or bully her. I wouldn't say I'm incredibly like her, but she's a type of character I don't regularly see in fiction.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:14 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Here's why Hermione is my strong second favorite character.

I got into Harry Potter when I was in elementary school and I thought Hermione was just so cool. I wanted to be like her. I remember so distinctly in elementary school, a teacher would ask a question and I would shoot my hand up in the air as high as I could just like Hermione. I truly didn't understand the kids in my class who didn't LOVE school and learning and homework and everything. She made being a nerd and loving books, cool.

She's the character I identify most with - the cool and collected friend who has to give a dose of logic sometimes to her more impulsive friends. The one who cares FIERCELY about a particular issue (house elves <3). She always has a plan, she stands up for what is right, she's loyal to her friends, she doesn't give up. Hermione gets it DONE.

And also the fact that people in their world said she couldn't be anything or she was less than because she was muggle-born and she never let that get to her or stop her. She didn't get self-conscious about it or let that make her feel less-than. She was always so confident and set on who she was and what she wanted.

Neville is my forever favorite arc, but Hermione will always be my GIRL <3
(and I will forever take any opportunity I have to dress up like her :p)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster