z

Young Writers Society

What Is Your Opinion On Wattpad?

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 pm
View Likes
inkdreams says...

What are your opinions of the website Wattpad?

What have been your experiences with it?

Is it a bad website for young writers?

I have been on there a couple years ago but deleted my account because my stories weren't getting noticed.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using Tapatalk

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:49 pm
Wolfi says...

I made an account just so I could follow my friend's stories, so I don't know much about it. But yeah, I expect visibility's a pretty big issue. On the other hand, the Green Room system on YWS is super effective, ensuring that at least two people will review each work.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I agree with @Wolfical. I mainly made an account because my friends had them, and stayed when we were actively doing things together through there. But YWS is a better site for getting original works noticed, and I usually use Archive of Our Own for fic-related ones, since my fics tend to be for very obscure fandoms that members of YWS probably don't know about.

I also think the quality of the stories aren't as good as they are on YWS - or, at least, grammatically. And I think that's one major aspect of being a young writer. You're only just learning how to write, and grammar can be the difference between making a story understandable (and therefore interesting) and turning off a reader. I think the site's done more for my writing skills than any other writing sites ever had.

On the other hand, I've heard that Wattpad hosted a writing con last year that one of my friends went to, and I'd be down for that. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:09 am
View Likes
inkdreams says...

Magestorrow wrote:I agree with @Wolfical. I mainly made an account because my friends had them, and stayed when we were actively doing things together through there. But YWS is a better site for getting original works noticed, and I usually use Archive of Our Own for fic-related ones, since my fics tend to be for very obscure fandoms that members of YWS probably don't know about.

I also think the quality of the stories aren't as good as they are on YWS - or, at least, grammatically. And I think that's one major aspect of being a young writer. You're only just learning how to write, and grammar can be the difference between making a story understandable (and therefore interesting) and turning off a reader. I think the site's done more for my writing skills than any other writing sites ever had.

On the other hand, I've heard that Wattpad hosted a writing con last year that one of my friends went to, and I'd be down for that. :)
I've only been on YWS for a couple months but its seems to have a friendlier atmosphere here.
You write fanfiction? Nice. I write fanfiction sometimes too.
Oh it would be awesome if YWS had its own writing convention too. [emoji4]

Sent from my LM-X220PM using Tapatalk

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100