z

Young Writers Society

Anyone wanna chat?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:24 am
View Likes
ToxicAnglerFish says...

Anyone wanna chat? I'm bored and would like to make friends and maybe even roleplay with some people on here. Heres some of my interests to help spark conversation.

Hobbies of mine:

Drawing for Fun
Sewing (Still getting into it)
Reading Books
Editing Pictures (Like mostly fandom things)
Collecting anime and fandom things (Like posters, cards, figurines, etc)
Writing Poems and Stories (I'm looking to make this a career but for now its for fun)
Play Videogames (I play PS4 mostly)
Roleplaying

Some Fandoms I'm into at the moment

Madoka Magica
Pokemon
Boku Hero Academia
Kill La Kill
Vocaloid
Sailor Moon
Rick and Morty
Five Night's at Freddy's
Undertale
Deltarune
Harry Potter
OFF (Videogame)
Carebears

Bands and singers I'm into right now

Queen
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Jimi Hendrix
Melanie Martinez
I'm Poppy
Billie Eillish
Lorde
System of a Down

Favorite Book genres

Horror
Mystery
Thriller
Adventure
Sci-fi
Fantasy

I hope this helps to spark some conversations with someone!
FruityLooney

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:17 am
View Likes
silvermoon17 says...

Heya toxicanglerfish! I would gladly RP with you, and probably join in with others; if you have a theme. I’d request the Dark Half and Shining Of Stephen King to you, if you like mystery and horror. Btw, you said that one of your hobbies is writing.. poems.. have you written any yet? I’d gladly read one :smt003
What kind of character were you looking forward to for a RP?
P.S: RP is for role play. You probably know.. just saying lol 😝

52 Reviews

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:37 pm
View Likes
ToxicAnglerFish says...

Thank you for the book recommendations! While I already watched 'The Shining" movie version I would be happy to read the book version of it! Plus I'm not in any current group RPs if that's ok, I prefer one on one RPs with one major story. The theme might be suspense, thriller? What kind of characters do you have?
FruityLooney

109 Reviews

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:50 am
View Likes
silvermoon17 says...

I invent along the way XD but I guess I’ll have to make one if you wanna do a RP.. so.. what are yours? :D
P.S the Shining movie is ten times better in the book. I like the antgonist’s performance tho :smt003

52 Reviews

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 am
View Likes
ToxicAnglerFish says...

Aw, thank you! Where will the RP be held at? Also, my favorite books? Some of my recent favorites at the moment are "Bluff" by Julie Dill, it's a YA novel and it's really good and has me sucked in. Also 'When Kacey Left" by Dawn Green is really good, it explores suicide but its YA so it isn't bad. That one made me tear up.
FruityLooney

109 Reviews

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:40 am
View Likes
silvermoon17 says...

I was thinking of a setting more like:
mysterious

Or a dystopian, that’s fine with me too

Maybe, in one of your posts; there’s a setting we can use :P

Umm for my favorite books.. it’d be Game Of Thrones. Anything to do with fantasy, horror, thriller or dystopian. :D

If you really wanna make a RP, I guess we need..
A setting
RP’s (minimum two) (otherwise it’s kinda boring)
Stakes..? (Like.. a plot..)
And a small backstory

You can answer these, then I’ll give my own ideas :D feel free to add anything you think I missed :wink:
I’ll give my own role play sets after yours, just to not feel as if I’m talking to a wall :smt003
Oh btw, definitely checking out the books you talked about. Who knows.. might become my favorite.. :mrgreen:

109 Reviews

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:16 pm
View Likes
silvermoon17 says...

Oh and also, if our RP turns out good enough; we could make a club.. just saying.. :smt003

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:27 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hey! Glad to hear you're interested in RPing. You can set up your roleplays here: The Storybook Forum. The "Roleplay Realm" is great for roleplays that involve multiple people, but there's also the "Double Trouble Writing Huddle" for ones that only involve two people if you want to keep it that way. There's also a few roleplay clubs in the Clubs tab.

Happy YWS-ing! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

52 Reviews

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:40 pm
ToxicAnglerFish says...

@SilverMoon, Can I hear your ideas first? I'm still trying to think of some good ones for the RP! And also thank you @niteowl !
FruityLooney

109 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:12 pm
silvermoon17 says...

Ugh! But fiiiiiine. Since you want me to go, I’ll tell you.
But, just know I still have school :( so replying to you.. and proceeding with our RP.. will just be possible later in the day.. a shame, right?
So, to begin with:
-Setting= So, I didn’t read any stories of yours (for the simple and good reason I only read shorts online (because it bores me and words start dancing around and I can’t focus)) even though I’m sure yours are great stories- so I’ll make up a setting. I thought more of a.. umm.. how can I describe.. maybe our characters can meet; so we can start our own setting; but where the important part (like, the beginning of the important parts) is set, I thought more of a haunted house/gas station/ hotel/ your own room
I also thought the reason we got there can be like.. of a meeting online the dark web.. it’s an idea, but it could come handy later on.
-Backstories, I guess we’ll make that up. I also thought one of us could have a sad/ violent/ dark backstory, which somehow links him to the other RP. Whether that’s a good thing or not. (Example: if my RP murdered yours.. it’s negative.. but it’s a twist)
I guess we’ll make that up later then.
And umm.. stakes as well I guess.. I thought maybe, for some reason; one of us takes the blame of a crime the other did. It would be a cute twist afterwards.
Then for my RP.. of course, I can add traits; where needed (scars, memorable eyes..) but but but, here is the skeleton of my RP. She’d be (and I insist on the she, no way it’s being a he) would have bloody dark eyes with a glow to it like the one of a dying ember, a kinda pale skin; smooth and milky; and (unlike the casual type,) I hoped she could be kind of an albino you know. Not the skeletal white kind you, but sweeter, more moonlike traits- so I guess you know what color her hair is..
For the plot story, I’ll resume the ideas I included in my RP’s skeleton;
-a meeting on dark web
-a crime done long ago linking both characters together (in a drastic way)
-one character being on the run for a crime the other did without knowing that that’s actually his,
-a cult.. like.. the sunny family one (just check what it is on Crypt Tv. Just watch what you click on that channel, there’s some real’ gory stuff. That’s why I’d recommend you check a movie reviewer (for example, Dead Meat or umm.. I think he’s the only one who reviewed Crypt Tv..) anyways, just check what it is. I’m not asking for the whole plot to turn around them, but a bit. It might be useful. Who knows..
-one of us, or us both- having a sort of disorder which actually is a powerful umm.. power..? Like escapist, or dissociative identity or something. I dunno, use your mind!
-a dystopian, where people are closely watched upon so as to not.. umm.. do something one of our characters will end up doing. Starting the whole plot process. You don’t need to get too far for the dystopian tho. Fahrenheit 451; the best dystopian ever written, is a dystopian where books are banished. So.. yeah.. don’t go too far..
And that’s pretty much all! When you’ll have given your ideas, we might start plot planning; and who knows, we might start writing!
Again, I’m sorry not being able to text by day :(
Hope you reply soon :mrgreen: and hope my little skeleton was helpful :smt003
Last minute idea, do you know predator? Like.. the movie..? (Not that I watched it. You know.. movie reviewers..) maybe a setting as lame as that, with something tracking us- and we end up revealing our darkest secrets.. that could work too. I mean like, it could end up being real’ emotional, and action will nit be scarce with us being tracked by dystopian-believers and the *thing*. So yeah, hoped it was helpful XD

Gravity was a mistake.
— Till Nowak