New Review Rules

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:36 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Greetings, my fellow citizens of YWS!

As a long-time member and moderator, I think our review quality is a key reason why YWS is as awesome as it is. However, I have some concerns about the reviews I've been seeing lately. I have to wonder if anyone cares about their reviews at all.

I have previously made some proposed suggestions, but it was treated as a joke by my fellow staff members. Therefore, I bring my new and improved proposed rules to all users of YWS. Suggestions are appreciated before I bring the final proposal to our overlords Pat Buchanan and freakforchrist.

1) Reviews should be written either backwards or in Pig Latin. Extra points if they are both backwards and in Pig Latin.

2) Members should strive to use different colors to differentiate their praise and critique. And no, don't just make your praise green and your critique red. That is so cliche, especially when there are so many colors to choose from! Don't forget @alliyah's favorite dark cyan, which is very different from teal

3) Please use BBCode liberally, especially the marquee tag.

4) As emojis are now enabled on YWS, please use as many as possible in your reviews. The most in-depth critique feels incomplete without pictures. Memes and gifs are also acceptable.

5) CrEaTivE CaPiTaLiZaTion IS EsSENTial to GETTING YOUR REVIEWS tAkEn SeRiOusLY.

6) Lastly, I suggest that the stars should be replaced with :elephant: dancing elephants. I don't know about you, but they make me way happier than stars. Except for @Snoink, she can keep her pigs because I don't want to invoke her wrath because she earned them.

I am open to other suggestions, but I truly believe these changes will make the Young Writer's Society the premiere destination for the biggest, boldest reviews. Thank you for your consideration.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:16 pm
Lib says...

What's the BBCode and marquee tag?

I like the creative capitalization thing. I'll keep those in my reviews.

Omigod I totally agree with :elephant: thing. <3

Your welcome for reading this. :D :elephant:

I need to learn more of the emojis... D'ya mind telling me more like the elphant one and the crying one and the pirate one and the star wars one, etc. There's so many differenet emojis!! My fav is obviously...

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
*insert quirky signature here*

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:25 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I sincerely could not agree more. WhY SeTTLe for BoRinG CaPitaliZatiOn when You Can ExpreSS yoUr CreAtiVity With A CombinAtion of UnCAPTIALIZED and capitalized? as a site I think we ought to encourage writers and especially poets to break FREE of the BINDS of conventional CAPTIALIZATION to express their full creative powers and honestly, how can that be done if we do not start with honoring that in our REviEws?

My friend @Aley has a marvelous article on capitalization if you want more ideas about how to apply capitalization in more creative ways -> knowledge base article. Do check it out!

I for one, will begin observing some of these rules immediately. :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

My only suggestion, is that teal :smt012 be banned from the YWS color options, because it is scientifically proven to be aesthetically displeasing and inferior to better options such as dark cyan. :mrgreen:

Thanks for these ideas nite! I suggest we find a fun acronym of model to help people remember these new rules - it could be similar to the Review Sandwich... maybe these new rules could be called the Review Ice Cream Sundae?

Long Live Big Brother!!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:33 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Really? I never knew that teal is scientifically proven to be aesthetically displeasing... That's interesting.
*insert quirky signature here*

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Yep! It's true! :) You can read the article I linked to @Liberty500 as I have spent some time investigating the matter personally. And I was able to conclusively prove that dark cyan is superior. It's a little controversial, but once you start comparing the two, it becomes very clear.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Maybe we're all just complex human beings with skewed perceptions of each other.
— Ventomology