Tea for the win!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

As morning person who hates bitter things, tea certainly has my vote.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:01 pm
View Likes
Fantascifi66 says...

Tea!!!!
Free reviews by Fanta! [Accepting!]

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:26 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Huzzah! Tea is winning right now :P
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:25 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Lizz - I am suspicious that this poll was stacked - I'd like to know where are all of these people voting for Tea are coming from? Have you all tried coffee before? It's great! ;)

Coffee is definitely the ultimate beverage option.

1) Coffee is delicious

2) You have more diverse options for flavoring it - you can do chocolate or fruity flavorings with it, or even whipped cream - whereas with tea I feel like doing chocolate/caramel flavorings is a bit weird.

3) I think it has more caffeine than tea -> which is even better!

Tea is fine, but I definitely prefer Coffee 100%.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:11 am
View Likes
neptune says...

Tea all the way!

I’ve never found coffee appealing, mainly due to its bitterness and overall gross taste to it. Sure, you can flavor coffee, but there are still lots of things you can do with tea - you can have it hot, iced (sweet or unsweet), or make drinks like Arnold Palmers (tea + lemonade)! There are also so many different flavors of tea, and combinations.

(Also, it’s a bonus that tea helps you when you are stressed, have a sore throat, or have an upset stomache! Not to mention it just tastes delicious)
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:57 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Hmm.

I wonder where all the coffee supporters scurried off to...probably some cafe.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:45 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

*clears throat*

WELL, I for one am SHOCKED by this consensus, since coffee is unquestionably superior. Thank you @alliyah for understanding this fact. This subject requires official dot points to elaborate the absolute reasoning of such:

• Firstly, my username. Notice how the double "f" and double "e" of "coffee" give the word a unique and engaging appeal both in look and sound. It also allows for greater expression when these double letters are multiplied for length. Exhibit A:

Coffeeeeeeeeeeee

Coffffffffeeeeeeeeeee

Compare this to teaaaaaaaa and you will notice the effectiveness is lacking both visually and audibly. Frankly, the word "tea" just isn't as fun. Does anyone have the username Teaism? No? Point proven. Moving on.

• Bitterness is the philosophy of life. If you avoid the harder things you will never develop a sense of maturity and stoicism. Coffee is a constant reminder that we must learn to accept all of existence, including the bitter things, because they are necessary for our growth and wellbeing. Conquering hardships builds character, and the more we accept bitterness – the more we learn to appreciate its value – the easier our contact with future bitterness will be.

Furthermore, coffee shouldn't be really bitter – that is the sign of a badly made coffee, and whoever is responsible should reflect on their crucial error. And if the bitterness of coffee is too much for a person, that is what sweeteners are for – and there are so many varieties! (mocha coffee, flavoured syrups, sugar, honey, ice cream, artificial sweeteners etc.)

Did you know that many teas can be equally or more bitter than coffee depending on the strength and type? (Also a fun fact: Did you know that black tea is actually green tea that has been oxidised for longer?).

• Speaking of variety, do you know how many types of coffee beverages there are? Here's a list:
    Spoiler! :
    - Drip or filtered
    - French press or cafetière
    - Cold brew
    - Percolated
    - Turkish coffee
    - Moka
    - Caffè Americano
    - Cafe Lungo
    - Café Cubano
    - Caffè crema
    - Cafe Zorro
    - Doppio
    - Espresso Romano
    - Guillermo
    - Antoccino
    - Café au lait
    - Ca phe sua da
    - Café bombón
    - Cappuccino
    - Cortado
    - Egg coffee (yes that is a thing)
    - Eggnog latte
    - Eiskaffee
    - Espressino
    - Espresso con panna
    - Flat white
    - Galão
    - Caffè gommosa
    - Indian Filter Coffee
    - Kopi susu
    - Latte
    - Latte macchiato
    - Macchiato
    - Wiener or Viennese melange
    - White coffee
    - Vienna coffee
    - Coffee Regular
    - Irish Coffee
    - Caffè corretto
    - Karsk
    - Pharisäer
    - Barraquito
    - Carajillo
    - Melya
    - Caffè Marocchino
    - Café miel
    - Mocha
    - Café de olla
    - Café Rápido y Sucio
    - Espresso
    - Double espresso
    - Short Macchiato
    - Long Macchiato
    - Ristretto
    - Piccolo Latte
    - Affogato
    - Short Black
    - Long Black
    - Iced Latte
    - Frappé
    - Freddo Espresso
    - Freddo Cappuccino
    - Mazagran
    - Palazzo
    - Ice Shot
    - Shakerato
    - Instant coffee
    - Botz
    - Caffè Medici
    - Café Touba
    - Canned coffee
    - etc.

... And that's not even including the types of coffee bean or other variables such as milk. Have you ever tried a coffee with macadamia milk? Or a layered mocha cake with shredded coconut icing? Highly recommend both.

• Coffee is not gross.

• There are cafés everywhere because coffee is the heart of a society, the centre for social and business engagement, and the catalyst of an atmosphere to seek refuge and comfort in. There is nothing else like it. You don't see many tea houses as a result, because coffee is the better option and is far more popular in the modern world.

• There are probably more reasons that I can't be bothered to list.

If you have not tried coffee, you should try it. If you have not tried good coffee, you should try that even more. And if you do not love coffee as I do then you'd better have a pretty damn good reason for it.

Peace out.

I actually really like tea and I drink it all the time, though not as much as coffee.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:07 pm
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

I do somewhat like coffee, but I like tea more not to mention I have it almost every day .
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:33 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Wow, I'm honestly not sure anyone can beat this logic here that @Coffeeism provided - coffee is just better. Everyone who voted for "tea" ought to give coffee a try - I think you will see the truth.

Bitterness is the philosophy of life. If you avoid the harder things you will never develop a sense of maturity and stoicism. Coffee is a constant reminder that we must learn to accept all of existence, including the bitter things, because they are necessary for our growth and wellbeing. Conquering hardships builds character, and the more we accept bitterness – the more we learn to appreciate its value – the easier our contact with future bitterness will be.
- Coffeeism 2019

^^^ This is basically poetry, almost made me tear up a little. #TeamCoffee
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I am addicted to Earl Grey, I imbibe vast quantities of it daily. (I like other teas but that is my go to.)

Coffee, I also like, but I don't like instant that much, and I'm often too lazy to use a strainer. Teabags are both lazy and don't compromise on the flavour.
Granted, strained tea leaves are also more delicious than tea made with teabags, but again, I still prefer it to the difference between instant and strained coffee.

I mainly drink coffee on days when I want to 'feel like a real writer.'
But I do the majority of my writing drinking Earl Grey anyway, so *shrug*

The 'coffee has many options for different flavours' thing is a good point, but there are many variants of tea, as well. Sure, adding things like caramel shots to tea would just be weird and kinda gross, but you don't need to because the tea itself varies enough in flavour.

You got rose teas, herby teas, berry teas, fruity teas, white teas, black teas, bush tea, rooibos tea, LICORICE TEA (IT'S LICORICE YOU CAN DRINK <3) green teas, literally all the other herbal teas I didn't mention. Basically any plant that's safe to eat can be brewed into a tea.

So really both have arguments for variety. I guess it comes down to the personal preference of taste, or philosophy.

In the case of personal taste, I prefer tea, but in terms of history I think coffee has the better associations.

Coffee establishments became popular meeting places for talking philosophy in the Enlightenment era, and tea is just that thing that got stolen by the British and fought over for stupid reasons. Am I dumbing down, and potentially misinterpreting history? Yes. Probably. Very much so.

What I'm saying is yes, give me my hot leaf juice defiled by cow breast milk, I don't care if that makes me a scrub, it feels like drinking the feeling of taking a bath and I can't be assed to use a strainer today. Maybe I'll bother to enjoy my monthly cup of coffee next month.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:07 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

When I was young and naive, tea would have been my answer. But now? Coffee is the reason that civilization exists.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:37 pm
Brigadier says...

@Snoink I should have been expecting that from the mother of small children.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:56 am
neptune says...

More proof that tea is better than coffee:
There is Tea club, but there doesn't appear to be a coffee club. :P
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker