z

Young Writers Society

New Year's Resolutions: 2019 Edition

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:32 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

1. Continue to be my usual spectacular self regardless of my flaws.

2. Remind my friends frequently of how amazing they are, because they are mere mortals and sometimes need to be reminded.

3. Continue to love them because they are so amazing, and because it is a tragic thing for a person to be worth so much and not know it.

4. Remember that I am also loved, and hold myself in the same esteem as I hold those around me.
We were born to be amazing.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:52 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I know I need to make a lot of changes, but I don’t really want to do New Year’s resolutions because I feel like I never stick with those. So here are some general guidelines for how I want to make those changes.

1) First and foremost, be kind to myself. I’m really good at the self criticism, but when I beat myself up it doesn’t actually motivate me and makes me go backwards. So I need to keep in mind that I do have good qualities and I am worth investing in.

2) At the same time, know when I can push myself. If I can commit to making small changes in my habits, that can lead to big results.

3) Get in a better place financially. I’m getting by, but I know I could manage my money better. I could also look for a higher paying job using my degrees, but that’s hard for a number of reasons. Still, I plan to keep looking and applying.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:30 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

1. Finish the navy pre entry plan successfully.
2. Do more YWS stuff.
3. Do more for KOTGR.
4. Successfully run Poem a Week.
5. Work on having a better friend circle.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable