Young Writers Society

Music Round-Up 2018

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:33 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

So now that the Grammy nominations are out and the year is almost over, I think it's time to discuss what music you've been rocking out to this year.

https://www.etonline.com/2019-grammy-no ... ist-114740 You can find the Grammy nods here, though feel free to discuss other music as well.

My personal faves this year
Dirty Computer by Janelle Monae (this should be Album of the Year IMHO, though I think Drake or Cardi B is more likely to win)
Camila by Camila Cabello
Mania by Fall Out Boy (though of course I will always prefer pre-hiatus FOB, I largely enjoyed this album with the exception of "Young and a Menace").
Shake the Spirit by Elle King (especially "Shame" because it is a jam and I have no idea why it hasn't taken over the world like "Ex's and Oh's")
Also, it's technically a 2017 release, but I'm surprised Taylor Swift's "Delicate" didn't get any nods. "Reputation" wasn't my favorite of hers, and I don't think the other singles were that great, but "Delicate" is solid and a hit.

There might be others but I'm kind of a music hermit so there's definitely a lot I haven't listened to yet.

So what are you guys listening to these days?
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:53 am
View Likes
Starve says...

Speaking exclusively of music released in 2018 I'd say Joji , Rich Brian, and Steven Wilson's Home Invasion are the only ones that come to mind (oh and backstreet boys' new stuff is good too)

Haven't listened to any other pop stuff since Adele didn't release any music

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:07 pm
View Likes
ThePenultimateGinger says...

If we're going with music released in 2018, I'd say the stuff I've listened to most is Imagine Dragon's new album, "Origins." I went to see them at Summerfest 2018 in Milwaukee (Wisconsin, U.S.) back in June, and I've been hooked on them ever since. My second favourite release is the "High as Hope" album by Florence and the Machine.
“I really think that everyone should have watercolors, magnetic poetry, and a harmonica.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg