YWS Birthday Cake 2018

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:15 pm
View Likes
Clarity says...

Happy Birthday YWS!

This website helped me gain so much confidence in myself and I have made some amazing friends here.

I was 14 when I joined YWS, and now I'm 21 looking at the site turning 14! I'm in awe of the wonderful people here, YWS was a home to me when I needed an escape and I could never be more grateful for a more friendly, and welcoming community.

Here's to continuing watching the site and it's members grow, I'd like to be able to poke my head around the corner in 50 years and still see it thriving.

"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:38 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Thanks @Cadi for the tag.

Like @Clarity I was 14 when I joined and YWS is now 14 on the 14th. I'm 25 now. And I would not be the same woman I am today without this site. It and the friendships I forged here have changed me for good. I am indescribably grateful.

You all know that I'm going to tag you but anyway: @Meshugenah @PenguinAttack @Lava @beckiw @Demeter @Lauren2010 @Sachiko @RacheDrache <3 <3 <3
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...

Happy Birthday, YWS! YWS is much older than me (being 4 in YWS years), but even with the age gap we have become best friends. <3 I can’t believe how much YWS has helped me improve as a writer, but especially a poet. I’ve learned so much about poetry and writing in general over the past 4 years. I’ve even participated in things like poetry discussions, LMS, and NaNoWriMo (and tried NaPo) because of this site. And now, writing (especially poetry) has become a way to channel my frustrations and anger and overall negative feelings that sometimes turn into something beautiful.

Thanks, YWS! Happy Cake day week! :)
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

I know I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday!! We share the same day! Thank you to YWS for teaching me to write!
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

Reviews: 0

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 pm
View Likes
xJoeyx says...

Happy birthday my wonderful, amazing YWS!!! I have loved it so much here so far and I hope you have many more birthdays to come!
"There is more that connects us than can possibly divide us"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:56 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Happy Birthday YWS! You've been a real blessing. I found you when I felt deafeningly alone and here I made friends - people who were complete NERDS like me, and who appreciated me for who I was instead of what I'm passionate about or my age or what I look like. My writing since coming here has improved by miles and the roleplay...guys...it's been awesome.

Thanks folks!

The cake is a lie

Tagging @soundofmind, @SirenCymbaline, and @Kelpies!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:27 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Happy Birthday YWS!

I was so happy when I originally got on here, and I learned a lot. I don't think I had ever written a review before I got on here. Jeez- I was like, 12. I'm 16 now. Time flies, am I right? My work has greatly improved since I have been on here, and I think I made some friends along the way. I have also learned a lot about writing in general, and have made a lot of mistakes that I can learn from.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:12 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Happy birthday, YWS!

I can honestly say I would not be anywhere near the writer I am today. Like quite a few others, I joined when I was 14 (coming up on 4 years ago now!) and I remember being slightly confused by all the birthday celebrations but having a blast all the same. xD

I've made good friends, had some hard times, and just really grown as a person and a writer, and a lot of that wouldn't have been possible without the community here. YWS has changed a lot in the past four years, and things are kind of weird at this point in life, as college is eating up all my time and I haven't been as active on here, but I don't think I can ever really let this place go. Here's to another four years. <3
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Reviews: 4
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:33 am
View Likes
OldManJenkins says...

Wow! Shoot I just joined this tonight and there's already a birthday party! Well happy birthday YWS! I just joined recently, and I believe that this is a wonderful website because I can express myself through creative writing. Good on ya YWS! :D :D
Stay neato burrito readers and don't forget to smile!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:18 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Happy birthday YWS, I loooove you!!! I joined in 2011 and it's been a wild 7 year ride for me. Checking you daily is one of my favorite things to do! <3

I'm gonna tag my crewwwww @Carina @omnom @veeren @Alpha @Clarity even though I know some of you posted already xD
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

Happy Birthday to YWS, the website that has always been there for me while I was growing up, who made me fall more and more in love with writing ever since the first time I realized I enjoyed it in fifth grade. I appreciate this site and Nate for making it more than words could describe. <3

I tag @ShadowVyper and @mellifera
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:14 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Happy Birthday to YWS!! I've been here a little over two years, and I'm so grateful I found the site <3 It's really helped me stick to projects and turn my writing into something more than I ever thought it could be. I've met some amazing people here and I'm delighted that I get to be a part of this community and watch it grow and change over time.

And I'm a bit late to the party, so I don't know who's already been tagged. Either way, a wonderful birthday to YWS and a congrats to Nate for making a home for so many creative, lovely people.
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:01 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Happy birthday, YWS!!!

I've learnt so much here. Met so many wonderful people. This site has shaped me into who I am. That sounds corny but it's so true.
100% autistic

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:11 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

Thank you for the tag @Cadi and @StellaThomas!

Happy birthday YWS <3 How fitting that I happened to log in today even though I haven't for several days!

I say this a lot but I owe so much to YWS! I've met amazing people (some even in real life - quite a lot, now that I think of it) and made several life-long friends. I'm even getting married to one of them so I think it goes without saying that I'm super grateful.

I joined in 2008 when I was 15, and I'll be 26 in a few weeks. YWS contributed an astounding amount to my English language skills in those first years, and I think it's mostly due to YWS and the people that I've met through here that I'm as fluent in English as I am today. Even my degree and my job makes use of those skills (I'm a translator), so most of the Big Things in my life I can thank YWS for contributing towards. And I think that's pretty amazing. :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni