Young Writers Society

(Re)Introduce Yourself

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:59 pm
View Likes
Clarity says...

So I've been away from YWS for a while and came back a month ago. I've seen some awesome members around the site who joined after I went inactive, and some older members start to become active again! I'd love to get to know some more of you wonderful people, so let's start here?

I'm Clary and I really like making new friends! :)
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 pm
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Hey Clary, I'm Weirdo, and I like making new friends too.
I'm one of the members who joined after you went inactive, I think cause I haven't seen you around before.

So, how is your life? Anything you are excited for and it's like around the corner?
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

95 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:47 pm
View Likes
Clarity says...

It's nice to meet you! My life is good and my schedule is a lot calmer to allow me to put more time back into YWS! :D I've just had a change in roles at work so I'm excited about that! What about you?

she/they

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:20 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Hi Clary, I'm Jack. I joined a long time ago, and was once an administrator, but my activity has decreased since around 2007. Since then, I've popped back up again for a few months every so often, but find it difficult to stick around.

I used to be on here all the time but I am no longer young, nor a writer. I'm fixing the latter; waiting on science to help me reverse the former.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

95 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:25 pm
View Likes
Clarity says...

Nice to meet you, Jack! I hope science makes that breakthrough for you soon.

she/they

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:49 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Hi, I'm Stella! I'm 25, on that cusp of being 'too old' but I've been here for 10 years and they can't get rid of me. I'm from Ireland, and have a day job that has nothing to do with writing. I love to write and read fiction, especially fantasy, especially fairytale retellings. And I'm... whatever the opposite of aloof is. Feel free to come say hi to me anytime. :)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:31 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hey! Most of you already know me but for those who don’t, I’m Iggy :) I’m 22 and I’ve been here for a somewhat long time as well! My life is pretty boring so there don’t much else to say, but feel free to PM me if you ever wanna chat!!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Hi Clary, I'm Coffee! :3
I also became active again recently.... and this is my first serious attempt to keep it that way, now that I want to focus my life on writing. I used to be therealme, but I created a new account (this one!) during the time I was graduating high school. It would've made more sense to just change my name, although I suspect my subconscious motive was to completely sever all association with my angsty, 14-year-old self haha ~
Hmm... What else to say? I like coffee and cats, apparently. And I try to be as friendly and supportive as I can. :)

95 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 am
View Likes
Clarity says...

Hey, Coffee! I've seen you around a bit. That song cover on your wall was amazing!! :D

she/they

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:59 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Yes, you have! I've seen you, too. :D (You seem like a really awesome person)

Psh no, I'm super rusty with all that music stuff. But thank you so much for being so supportive! <3

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:39 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Hi! I'm Carlito! Stella and I are similar because I've also been here for ten years, I'm 26, and they can't get rid of me either :p I'm from the States and I also have a day job that has nothing to do with writing. I love all things YA contemporary (and also Harry Potter). I live with the cutest animal on 4 legs - Neville the bunny. Right now he's playing with his favorite collection of cardboard. I also enjoy baking all the things. PM me any time or find me on a pad :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:49 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I'm Nate! I also go by Lee with family (and friends I know through family), and Nathan at work. I'm from the Washington, DC area, and have had at least three different careers thus far along with a fourth (right now) that combines the previous three. I love backpacking, and last year I trekked along the Himalayan trail to Everest Base Camp. I have three wonderful nephews, who are at that age where they actually don't mind me singing camp songs and laugh at my jokes (How many seconds are there in a year? 12. January 2, February 2, March 2...). I'm a sucker for romantic comedies, and while my favorite movie is The Fifth Element, You've Got Mail is a close second.

“It doesn’t matter what you are, it only matters what you do. It’s your choice.”
— Sam Winchester