z

Young Writers Society

Podcasts on writing?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Vervain says...

I'm looking for some recommendations! I'd prefer something about the actual creative process, but podcasts about industry news or the publishing process are welcome too!

Give me your best ;D
stay off the faerie paths

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:13 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Writing Excuses has been recommended to me, but I haven't taken the time to listen to it yet!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I'll echo @Evander's recommendation of Writing Excuses! I haven't listened to it as much lately partly because of time and partly because they made some changes to the format that weren't my favorite and become more political than I'm comfortable with (but YMMV on that), but the first 10 seasons are great stuff on a really wide variety of topics.

They really go in deep on the elements of storywriting and crafting stories, using examples from their own books as well as others' to illustrate what they're talking about. They actually categorize the episodes based on how "crunchy" they are - how deep they take the analysis in that episode. So you can listen to anything from a quick overview of several topics to a really in-depth discussion of a particular trope or aspect of writing.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:09 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

After adding Writing Excuses to my library I found PubCrawl as a suggested podcast and it looks promising as more of an about the industry and for the publishing process podcast. I'll give it a listen this weekend and come back with my thoughts :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:45 am
Audy says...

If you're into worldbuilding, fantasy, scifi and that kind of thing, then this podcast is love <3

Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness
— Allen Ginsburg