1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:03 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

You Are Invited to Camp NaPo

Camp NaPo is Coming to YWS

August 6 - August 12

You may have heard of NaPo before, the month-long Poetry Writing event in April, but this year members of Poetry Crew have decided to bring NaPo to you again in a mini week-long camp-themed version: Camp NaPo! The event will take place August 6 - 12.

What's Camp NaPo?

Like NaPo in April, participants can write a poem every day, but there'll be a host of other activities to work on your poetry skills as well for campers - and you are invited to participate as little or as much as you'd like, because camp should be flexible!

Each "camper" is invited to make a "Logbook" or club thread in the Camp NaPo Club to post their poetry progress for the week.

What Activities Will There Be?

Here's some of the activities you can expect!

* Daily Poem Challenge
Every day there'll be a new poetry challenge posted on the Camp Club Wall for you to challenge your skills with. It's something you can use as a starting point if you're stuck with what to write that day.

* Poetry Exchange
Aley will be hosting a Poetry Exchange, where users can swap their poems for reviews. Watch out for that sign up this week, because spaces are limited!

* Poetry Workshops
There'll be a few workshops throughout the week to work on specific poetry skills. If you're interested in hosting a workshop, there are still a few spots available in the schedule, so contact alliyah if you've got a workshop you'd like to run!

* Poetry Jams
Throughout the week there'll be opportunities to "jam" with other poets and see what others are writing. Consider hosting your own as well!

* Poetry Contests
Also there'll be a few contests running during Camp NaPo that will have point prizes for the winners.

How Can I Participate?

The best way to get involved is to join the Camp NaPo Club and make a Logbook. Keep watch for more news and activities as more information becomes available!

If you have any questions about Camp NaPo please contact alliyah.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:25 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Don't forget to claim your spot in the Poetry Exchange if you're interested! :) (sign-up closes the 6th)

1227 Reviews

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:35 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Camp NaPo may be in its final two days, but we still have plenty of neat contests to submit entries in!

Here's a quick re-cap of all the Camp NaPo Contests posted, so be sure to check them out!

* Casa's Mystery Contest - splice your poems together
* Camp NaPo Reverse Poetry Contest - submit your favorite poem by another user. (You can do this contest even if you didn't participate in Camp NaPo)
* Camp NaPo Talent Show - Submit your favorite Camp NaPo piece that your wrote.
* Also don't forget to finish your reviews if you're in Aley's Poetry Exchange.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu