z

Young Writers Society

The best thing that ever happened to you

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:19 am
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Here, share the best thing that ever happened to you, maybe it changed you in an important way, maybe it makes you happy or something completely different. Talk about it here.

For me, it was either my middle school experience or joining YWS.
Honestly, my time in middle school kinda sucked, but it changed me so much, I would never be who I am right now if not for those sucking things that happened to me. And I don't think I need to talk about why it is joining YWS, my writing has improved so much just in around four months, I have met so many people, I am definitely more confident and bold here than I am at my school.

Tell me about yours.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:51 am
View Likes
Evander says...

Honestly, I'd have to agree with joining YWS. It allowed me to meet so many fantastic people and grow as a person in ways that I wouldn't have otherwise. This site has seriously changed my life for the better and I will always be so grateful.

I'm trying to think of other things, but then it's probably just discovering various pieces of fiction? So many works have changed my life or my outlook on stuff (Harry Potter, TAZ, Ender's Game, Simon vs, the Song of the Lioness quartet, etc).
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:54 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Dang, that's hard. I really, really don't know.

In many ways, joining YWS has definitely made a massive impact on my life - I don't think I'd still be writing consistently without a community like this to encourage me. So that's definitely one candidate. I don't know who I'd be without YWS.

Another one would be my parents signing me up for piano lessons, and then me never deciding to quit. That has paid off in so many ways I'm eternally grateful for - I also don't know who I'd be without piano and music in general.

Another would just be being born at the time I was born and to my family. I really love my family and I'm so, so lucky to have a healthy relationship with them. My mom taught me to read at the age of three, and that's another thing that *definitely* set the course of my life a good way. Same with *finally* picking up Harry Potter when I was 7 and really bored on a summer's day.

A few too many candidates, but there you are. :P
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:14 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

As cheesy as it is:

Getting engaged to Boy.

It's corny and cliché but still, 8 months later it makes me smile. He proposed in the snow in Belgium, with a ring I had sent him a screenshot of. He had measured my ring size while I slept. He proposed using the quote from Darcy's first (unsuccessful) proposal to Lizzie in Pride& Prejudice. It was magical. There was no one in sight, no cars, just us and the snow falling around us.

It was so perfect.

And the thing is is that when I think of it I think of how lovely things have been since. You may or may not know that my family fell apart last year, part of the reason Boy proposed when he did (he said he was always going to), was so that I knew he wasn't going anywhere and would have that stability. Our friends and family have done nothing but give us outpourings of love and excitement - we are the first from our class in college and the first from either of our families to get engaged. Everything has just been lovely and people are so kind and encouraging.

And now I can see this future stretching out ahead of us where we are still so strong and stable and in love, and it makes me so happy to know that I'm going to have him by my side.

Cheese fest over.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 pm
View Likes
Starve says...

Getting hooked to books as a kid instead of video games though it was a pretty close call, giving up on books and starting to love them again thanks to my Kindle, and one important failure necessary to light the fire under my lazy ass, one that hopefully will burn for long. Oh, and my inability to count ( :

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky