Young Writers Society

If You Could Visit Any Decade...

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:30 am
Elinor says...

Which one would you visit and why?

I think I would chose the 1960s. There was great music, fashion and based on all of the history, such an interesting time to be alive.

What about you guys?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:46 pm
View Likes
shaniac says...

The decade I'd like to visit would probably be when jazz music became popular because I've always had a soft spot for it. Or, the 1950s because this is where a lot of people were living the high life, I guess. Personally, I would just want a poodle skirt. :P
Shaniac starter kit: you must be fond of wind, squeaky shoes, and moldy bread.

You're like the Flash but in reading - @scribbleinks

The hardest thing about growing up is the ground.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Any decade and time period? :o I'd, hands down, live in the future.

Maybe the 2050s or beyond? Or maybe 2118? :P It's exciting to think the progress that humans have made over the last century. From human rights to innovative technology to being connected all over the world -- I can't even imagine what the future will hold, but it will no doubt be even better.

Plus, the knowledge. We'd be so scientifically advanced that we'll be able to figure out some things that we don't know today. Can we travel outside our solar system? Can we undo climate change? Can we cure diseases that are uncurable today? Can we use CRISPR to eliminate all genetic disease? Can we use nuclear fusion to establish seemingly endless, clean energy? So many questions! But unfortunately, there are no answers to these questions...yet. It's crazy to think that, with time, we'll figure all this out.

*nerdy response lol*

tl;dr
I JUST WANNA LIVE IN THE FUTURE
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:01 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

If I went anywhere, it would be the 1490s and I would take @TheSilverFox and a bunch of modern technology with me. We could easily conquer the world at that point, take care of Columbus and a few monarchs, and reset history.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:50 pm
View Likes
Lives4Christ24 says...

The 1880s. Because it's my favorite historical period.
Lives4Christ24
Jesus Rocks, So Roll With Him

If you can't find the stories you want to read, write them yourself

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I mean, I definitely want to go live in the future, far enough that we get all the cool stuff but everything's not *too* weird yet.

But, restricting myself to the past... I think it would have to be the 1950s or 1960s. Like Elinor said, there was just so much interesting stuff going on at the time, and I have a soft spot for a lot of the culture of the era. I'd also really love to see how my grandparents grew up, just to understand and connect with them better.

The framing of "decade" in the question suggests you're mostly talking about the 1900s, but if we're extending it to anywhere in history, I'd also frankly love to be in and around Jerusalem when Jesus was alive. Watching Jerusalem's whole history would also be pretty cool.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:18 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Take me to the Roaring Twenties, get me a beaded dress, a newly minted right to vote and a booming economy and keep the gigglejuice flowing <3
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson