z

Young Writers Society

It's time for a REVAMP

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

For those of you who enjoy history, you probably enjoy historical fiction. Even if you're not a history guru you probably have read a book or two that was within that genre and liked it. It is a popular genre and it retells some of the best stories of all time.

A few of us have noticed that historical fiction isn't one of the more popular genres when it comes to YWS, though. Some of us have decided to try and spark a revival. To gather those who love history and writing and form a strong historical fiction community. I know there are people on here who love history. Wouldn't it be fun to get together with other writers for write-ins and contests?

If you're interested, check out the club, or message me (@ChieRynn), @LeutnantSchweinehund, or @GodfreysBouillon.

"History tells us what people do; historical fiction helps us imagine how they felt."
— Guy Vanderhaeghe
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

Random avatar

Reviews: 36
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:57 am
GodfreysBouillon says...

Awesome.

Lets get this started, and have some fun!

Reviews: 1
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:22 am
View Likes
Barcodes says...

To be honest my my book is like a twisted history from the past and most events are so close to what happened before. So I'm quite surprised to see this.

Random avatar

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:10 am
GodfreysBouillon says...

Barcodes wrote:To be honest my my book is like a twisted history from the past and most events are so close to what happened before. So I'm quite surprised to see this.

Twisted History? Sounds interesting!
I'll for sure check it out, and if I feel its my area of expertise, I'll give it a good review.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:17 am
View Likes
LeutnantSchweinehund says...

Barcodes wrote:To be honest my my book is like a twisted history from the past and most events are so close to what happened before. So I'm quite surprised to see this.

Oh, is that so? What are you writing about? Sounds interesting.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:17 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Awesome idea!! I've never written a historical novel before but I enjoy reading them :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee