z

Young Writers Society

Best Animated Films

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:49 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

And now they're using sequels that just repeat the whole story from the first movie. Has anyone seen the Little Mermaid 2? It's almost exactly the same as 1

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:31 pm
Rei says...

Actually, Disney started to go down after The Hunch Back of Notre Dam. They came close with a few other movies, but they just kept getting worse and worse. These days I've been reading fairy tale books and I'm realizing how much Disney has butchered them. They take stories for adults and turn them into kiddie stories with all the power they once possessed gone. I mean, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty were written for French aristochracy. In fact, in very early versions of Cinderella, before Perault wrote his retelling of it, the sisters chopped off pieces of their feet to fit into the slipper. And it was Cinderella's good heart and determination which led to her victory, not help from animals that felt sorry for her.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat May 07, 2005 10:43 pm
lon_205 says...

The Beauty and the Beast totally rocks. Spirited Away is amazing. Those two, in my opinion, are the best animated films ever.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat May 07, 2005 10:51 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I don't like how Disney is moving into CG animation or using actors and settings, I always thought Disney should stick to the old traditional way of animating. Yeah Beauty and the Beast is awesome XD my fav disney films are:

Aladdin (and the return of Jafar...but I haven't seen that since it was first released so if I watched it now I'd probably think it sucked)
Mulan
The Little Mermaid
Hercules
The Nightmare Before Christmas (though some parts of that film freak meout...so pathetic lol)
Beauty and the Beast - I like some of the songs from the 2nd one like "as long as there's christmas"

There's prob more but I can't remember heh...

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon May 09, 2005 11:07 pm
Mattie says...

The Nightmare Before Christmas and the Lion King all the way. I could name others but those top the list.

685 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:57 pm
Rei says...

Well, Canada has spoken. Our favourite animated movie from last year is The Incredibles. I didn't like that one. My choice out of the five was Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, but I guess not enough people saw it, and of the people who saw it not enough understood it.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:14 pm
Lollipop says...

OOH! I love Disney films! Especially::

The Lion King
Tarzan
Beauty and the Beast( I haven't seen it in ages :cry: )
Bambi( sooo sad :cry: )
A bugs life
The Incredibles

Non Disney movies::

Road to El Dorado
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!! (one of the greatest movies ever)
Princess Mononoke

I want to see Spirited Away!

Hehe
Way hay!!!!

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:53 pm
Muse says...

Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are amazing.

Aladdin is sooooo fantastic. I lubit.

I like Shrek, and Shrek 2 as well. Smashing.

ooh yeah, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:38 pm
Areida says...

LOL, yeah I've seen Little Mermaid too...my older sister and I like to sing the songs to each other. "You are my beautiful Melodiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie..." Tee-hee. It's retarded but I can watch it as long as my sister is with me. It's just one of those inside joke things. Kind of like the Barbie movies.

Aladdin is awesome. wOOt for Abu!!

I love Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Hercules, The Emperor's New Groove, Tarzan, and Monster's Inc. There are more, but that's all I can think of right now...they're AWESOME! :mrgreen:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:52 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Ohh, Nightmare Before Christmas rawks! It is so friggin' awesome! Although its not really animated, but live action...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

685 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:36 pm
Rei says...

Actually, it's a very specific kind of animation called stop motion. It's only live action if the actors create the entire performance rather than just the voice.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:13 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Ooh, I never knew exactly what live action was...isn't it when an actor performs *with* a character (I thought it was just like...clay stuff...and stuff). But thanks for telling me, by the way.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:41 pm
Mattie says...

They have to move the clay a little bit each time they take a new shot. Like if he was talking, they would have to design his mouth into the letters of what he was saying. (a,e,i,o,u) If he was waving, they would have to move his arm just a bit and take a picture of that. It takes a really long time to do and considering it's a full length film, it must have taken forever! :) On the DVD it has a documentry kind of thing that explains what they did to make the film, ect.

685 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:40 pm
Rei says...

Yeah, its' really time consuming. That's why it's taking this long for Nick Park to make his Wallace and Gromit full-length movie after he made Chicken Run. Claymation is way better than comuter animation.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:26 pm
deleted6 says...

Lion King
Lupata Castle in the Air
Spirted Away
Fairly odd Parent movies on nick
Toy Story1/2
Jungle book
Galerian rion:a weird film like a game
Finding nemo
Shark tales:She dagerous she super bad
Incrediables:Jack Jack is the best charecter
Lord Of the Rings Animated
Spongebob Squarepants

Thats all i can think of
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor