z

Young Writers Society

What Should I Name My Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi Novel?

What Should I Name My Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi Novel?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:35 am

Mortala
83%
Epiphany
No votes
Oblivion
No votes
Effervescence
17%

Total votes : 6

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:35 am
StuckOnEarth says...

So because I'm a science nerd and because I love writing I'm obviously going to attempt to write a cyberpunk novel. What did you expect? XD
I am ALSO a very indecisive person so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help meee.
@LemonTheDorkyPanda help;;

You can only vote once and this'll be up for er two days.

Here are the definitions of the words:

Mortala: Unrelenting, deadly; involving loss of divine grace/spiritual death.

Epiphany: A moment of sudden revelation.

Oblivion: Being unaware of things happening around you.

Effervescence: bubbles in water (liquid.) (It's metaphorical my dudes.)
<3 cyberpunk <3 is <3 now <3

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:43 am
Evander says...

I bet I could guess the contents of this novel from the suggested titles alone. :P (A sudden realization of something deadly, previously something unknown to the main characters?)

Personally, I like Mortala best, but it really depends on what the novel is about. I'm also more likely to pick up a book with the name Mortala as opposed to Epiphany or Oblivion, but that's purely because I'm a sucker for "mort" prefixes.

I guess I have a question for you, haha. What's your cyberpunk novel about?
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:06 am
StuckOnEarth says...

@Evander
Well, I'm not 100% sure about everything at this point (am I ever lmao) but here's what I'm thinking so far:

Place:
It's not going to be very specific about where it's taking place, whether it's in the future on planet Earth or on a completely different planet all together, but the whole planet is going to be like a giant city. Towering skyscrapers, space-ships in the sky and hoverboards, lot's of neon lights, graffiti etc. It's gonna have a kind of punk vibe to it, with a lot of feminism and queer undertones to it, if that makes sense.

The story idea in general:
I'm unsure about this part specifically, definitely a loner that kinda lives by themselves, who meets maybe a pack of people and there may be some sort of rebellion that includes other alien life forms talking about teaming up with the government of the planet that it takes place on.

There's also going to be virtual reality, astral-plane-type stuff, so kinda like technology has become really advanced and sorta spiritual. It messes with, like, the whole point of existence in a kind of technological way. Codes and glitches (and 'astral planes') and such...

So yeah, that's really all I got...XD Hope it helped.
<3 cyberpunk <3 is <3 now <3

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl