z

Young Writers Society

Where did you find your avatar?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun May 13, 2018 11:26 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

"Where'd you find your avatar?" a random YWSer asks. "I've been looking high and low for mine. It's not under the couch or in the fridge-- how will I ever restore my honor if I can't find the my avatar?!"

Wrong interpretation of the title, but hey! Now that you know not to answer like that, where'd you find your avatar? Or, rather, what inspired you to choose it? Is it a fictional character you really enjoy, or a piece of art that you admire?

I've got my pen and notepad out for the big scoop, so whenever you're ready, fire away!

--

My current avatar is Jake Peralta from the hit cop comedy, Brooklyn Nine Nine, but I may change it over to a neat fan drawing I found of Cecil Palmer (from Welcome to Night Vale) that I've been using over on Discord.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun May 13, 2018 11:38 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

I always like to go on tumblr for my standstill avvies and then giphy for my moving ones :-)
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 pm
View Likes
Clairia says...

From giggling over Stranger Things on the internet.
"If you have
a painting in you, paint.
Just create it.
Banish doubt and fear
and step out of your own way.
Write if you're a writer.
Do what you were born to do.
--Toni Sorenson

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Sun May 13, 2018 11:55 pm
View Likes
inktopus says...

@Kaylaa gave me mine when she did a profile makeover, but I've been thinking of redecorating soon
insert profound quote here

Formerly Stormcloud

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon May 14, 2018 1:11 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Made mine out of some random pics using MS word and paint. Supposed to look something like the royal crest from somewhere in my story.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon May 14, 2018 4:24 am
View Likes
Shady says...

I found mine somewhere on almighty Google, though I have no idea where and I couldn't find it again when I looked for it recently shut up, no, I haven't had the same pic for six years >.>

But I wanted it because I thought it fit my username well. I chose Shadow because I'm a night owl and because I like deep ocean creatures (where it's murky and "shadow-y"). Viper because some snakes are vipers and I <3 snakes and also viperfish, which live in the deep ocean. Vyper because Y's > I's. So a reptilian-esque avatar pleased me.

Plus it adds that spark of confusion to people trying to figure out my gender, and that's always fun ;)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon May 14, 2018 5:46 am
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Mine was gifted to me from a fellow snow monkey.
Just killing time until time kills me.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon May 14, 2018 6:09 am
View Likes
Mea says...

I decided I really wanted this quote as my avatar, so I googled the quote and was looking for basically the photo I wound up choosing. And yes I know the quote is way too small to read but I know what it says and that's what matters.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon May 14, 2018 6:15 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

@Mea WHAT DOES IT SAY?

EDIT: Never mind I found it. Good quote! I didn't even realize it was the Doctor until I looked more closely, haha.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon May 14, 2018 9:13 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My current avatar is Hyena from I Don't Want This Kind Of Hero, a web comic I've recently started blabbing about all over the site. She tends to smile the most frequently and most noticeably out of the good guys, and I like a smiling avatar over a solemn one.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon May 14, 2018 1:18 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Current one is from a full profile update by @Carina, but whenever I feel the need for an update, I literally just google "blue cat avatar" or something along those lines, sometimes with an 'animated' or 'drawn' thrown in there when I'm not getting the results I want. I also just find them randomly when looking for space cats for Carina and hoard them for when I want to use them. I actually have a bookmarks folder for my saved potential avatars xD
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon May 14, 2018 2:12 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Went to change my name and was like "I need something more like a Knight. Let's see what google has to say."
There was quite a bit of -unmentionable media- but then I found some tapestry pieces, which became my background.
And then this was a related picture.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon May 14, 2018 3:05 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Angus McDonald from The Adventure Zone is one of my favorite characters! So uh, I found a piece of fan art on tumblr, and I made sure that the artist was fine with me using the art.

Iii might change my avatar up sooner or later? But I'm fairly happy with my avatar rn.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed May 16, 2018 1:08 am
View Likes
fishsashimi says...

Mine is Zorome from DarliFra. I was loking up avatars from the show and *boom*.
wheeee~

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu May 17, 2018 9:51 am
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

I downloaded my current avatar from a random website and added the Deathly Hallows symbol to it through a photo editing app.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron