z

Young Writers Society

What's your dream car?

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

I'm starting to learn how to drive, so I've started to seriously think about what sort of car I want to drive when I get older. Uhhh, I'm a bit of a nerd, so I tend to check out Consumer Reports to see what cars are safest, lol. Personally, I'm partial to most Honda cars because of their track record (and because both of my parents drive Hondas).

I'm curious, though. What's your dream car?
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:48 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

I don't know about everyone else, but as the young, young person that I am, I spend my time clinging to that youth dreaming of a nice new bicycle, like any kid! Not a rootin'-tootin' gas-guzzling, "I-commute-'cause-I'm-a-grown-up" CAR.

Like if you agree.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

324 Reviews

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:04 am
View Likes
Evander says...

Alright, fine! Does this suit your fancy, @Hattable? What's your dream bicycle? All kids, feel free to go here.

This thread is a cars only zone >:[
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

141 Reviews

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:09 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

I'll see all my fellow kids over there.

On the topic of cars, though, while I've never really cared about having a specific one, I do like the look of the 1950 Ford Custom. Not for driving of course; wouldn't trust that thing on a 45 mph street, no sir. Much too old.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:32 am
View Likes
Carina says...

lol I enjoy these responses

If I had to pick my dream car, I would pick a sports car NO THAT IS A BASIC ANSWER. I mean, do I want a car that's pretty dang sleek and will make other people go, "Daaaang, that's a sweet ride"? Or do I want to go to the gas station much less frequently?

yep I would totally go after that dorky fuel-saving car. Total future Prius owner right here. But when I get older, I'd love to buy a Tesla car.
Spoiler! :

These suckers have crazy mileage (~100 mpg) since it's an electric car, but the downside is that the Tesla charging stations are still not widely available (except in Norway, apparently). But they're rapidly expanding, so it's exciting to see the gradual shift to electric vehicles!

In high school, I used an old Chevrolet Tracker to get around. The old hunk eventually died on me (Rest in Pieces), but it was a fun car to drive. There was a warning on it that warns you to not take ninety-degree turns too fast or else the car would tip, and I've had that happen to me once and it scared the bejeebers out of me. I've gotten into the habit of slowing way down to turn even when I don't drive that car anymore. xD also the car literally fell apart before it died like even all the door handles (except on the driver's side) fell off LOL

Though, I got into a traffic hiccup last summer that ended up with my car being totaled (it was a Honda Civic! it was a good car...was), so that's also Resting in Pieces as well. Oh man, these car death stories are making Hatt's sweet bike look tempting...
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

141 Reviews

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:40 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

Ah, dang, bro, I just recalled my actual "dream car", should I have one. It's only a concept now, and might only ever be that, but it's sweet as heeeeck.

It's an Audi A9 concept car.

This baby is crazy. It's got everything. The windshield is part of the roof, and appears a solid color from the outside, but is totally see-through from the inside. And, even crazier, is that you can adjust the settings to change all that white exterior to whatever color you want. Ttttalk about groovy.
It also apparently would employ nano-byte technology, or something, to repair itself? Not sure what that entails, entirely, but sign me uP.

And that's really all I can recall but I think there were other cool features. It also looks heckin awESome.

Tesla's are cool, too. V futuristic-looking.

324 Reviews

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 am
View Likes
Evander says...

Yooo, snaaap, both of you are posting these really nice cars. They're all futuristic-y and look like they can be in movies. Legit, these are very nice dream cars.

Uh, this is my dream car:

A purple Honda Fit.

I don't really... know that much about cars? I absolutely, positively never want to own a red car, but purple cars look really sweet. I'm also a big fan of dark green cars, but I've never seen a green Honda Fit.

Personally, I like the Honda Fit because my dad owned one when I was a small child and because it has a lot of trunk space. Why do I want a bunch of trunk space? To hide the bodies, of course. I plan to go on a bunch of road trips to see old friends once I've graduated from high school; I also want to be that friend that people can call up when they need to move.

I know that the Honda Fit looks small, but it's really efficient with its storage.

Uhhh, I'd personally prefer a car with... an automatic transmission? But it looks like I'll probably be getting a car that's manual instead. My dad says that if I learn how to drive stick, then I'll be able to drive any car. Driving stick looks complicated, but ehhh.

I've never really been interested in driving, but I recently moved to a city where having a car seems to be a necessity. After having given it some passive thought, I've decided that I probably want an electric car whenever my budget permits it. (This will probably be years down the line when I'm in my late 20s, but it's nice to dream.)

Whoops, I've rambled a bunch.

German rat enthusiast.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:11 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Whooaaa @Hattable that's a spiffy car design. :o With neon blue lights, it looks like something straight out of Tron. xD It's crazy to think that these kind of cars will eventually be the norm decades from now. BUT MAYBE...we won't even drive them. Driverless cars are on the rise and will probably be implemented in a couple years. I think I read somewhere that Tesla has a driver-less setting installed on all their cars, but they're waiting for it to become legal before they activate it, lol. Seems kinda sucky that the future will have wicked cars and there's chance you might not even be able to drive it. Though at the same time, not driving it sounds just as awesome 'cause you can take a nap while you go to work or something lol

@Evander oh hey, a close friend of mine has a Honda Fit! (ironically a red one which you don't like xD we named her car Ronda the Red Honda) You're totally right, the trunk space is a lot bigger than you'd think it'd be. I've definitely taken road trips in the car before, and it's a plus that it's able to fit in small parking spaces. Plus, I personally think the look of hatchbacks are nice. Purple is definitely an interesting color, too. It's not that common of a color on cars so it would stand out, but not so much that it sticks out like a mustard-yellow car, haha. Still, totally recommend that car!

but !!! you're able to learn stick! Although automatic is easier and convenient, practically the rest of the world uses stick, so if you're ever traveling abroad, you can rent a car with no worries. Plus, I heard somewhere that manual cars last longer than automatic because the car doesn't get scrapped when there's transmission problems? And I think stick has better mileage anyways.

Aw man, now I wish I was able to find someone who can teach me stick.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:24 am
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Dream car
Spoiler! :

And don't you doubt that I'll get it
Just killing time until time kills me.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:55 pm
Brigadier says...

I mean, right now I have a Mustang, but I'd perhaps like a different Mustang.

If I was in my time period specific mode and thinking about dream eras. Not in the same way people say "I was born in the wrong decade" but more "if I had a time machine, I would go throughout history and drive these different vehicles.
If I had a time machine, I would go to the 1930s for a couple of reasons.
1. to meet family members
2. to break in the White House
3. to drive the cars

I think one of my favorites based on the aesthetic, is the Auburn Speedster?
The Model T is something I'd like to drive just based on the nickname lol. Or their truck counterpart the Model TT.
(And technically they stopped production during the late 1920s but of course were still widely driven during the 1930s.)
For 1932, there's also the Model B set, which is the type of car Bonnie and Clyde drove, so just think about how that might have affected sales. Outside of it being the Great Depression.

So I don't want any of these cars, but if I could go to that time period, I would want to drive one of those cars.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

324 Reviews

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:03 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

@Carina - I've been looking for a purple Honda Fit for the past few days, but they stopped making purple ones in 2018. :'( I'll probably end up getting a silver Fit? Uh, the current swatch of colors for 2018 Fits leaves a lot to be desired. There's orange fury (I never want an orange car), helios yellow (it's a... distracting sort of yellow), varying shades of white/gray/black, milano red (aCK RED CAR), and aegean blue.

I'm not really interested in red, orange, or yellow cars? But hey, if the discount is steep enough then I might get one.

Omg, Ronda the Red Honda is a such a fantastic name for a car.

I didn't know that the rest of the world uses stick! That actually lessens some of my apprehension, somewhat

@snowmonkey9 - Wow, what an affordable car! I'm sure that you'll be able to save up and purchase it in no time at all!

@LadyLizz - Wait, off topic, but break into the White House??

German rat enthusiast.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:21 pm
Brigadier says...

@Evander - still off topic, why not?

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:56 pm
Mea says...

So I have like no knowledge of cars whatsoever and am not terribly invested in which car I get when I get one at some distant point.

I would like it to be blue. And one real requirement: it has to have seat warmers. (I really love seat warmers in cars.) I probably won't have the budget for that when I get my first car, but I *really* want seat warmers.

Honestly, my dream car is a self-driving car. Driving is kinda scary to me, and I keep thinking of how much I can get done on car rides where I'm not driving, and it'd be great if that was the case all the time. But that's a long way off. :P
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:17 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

@Mea if it's any comfort, I'm driving my second car ever. It's a 2004 model SUV, and it's got seat warmers! It was relatively cheap for being in decent shape.

@Evander my mom drove a Honda Fit for 7 years. Her only critique of the car is that it was in one front-end collision and the whole engine was rendered useless. Lol. It survived a back-end collision rather well, though. No real structural damage.

Oh, and her front bumper popped off a lot. But that's because the car is made of plastic and she always rolled over the parking things and got it caught. She eventually held it on with bungee cords.

My mom also said that once I learned stick, I could drive anything. I never learned stick. Clutch control is not my forte.

My first car was a 2001 Chrysler 300M. Her name was Bemy. I loved her. My current car is an '04 Mazda Tribute. His name is Cato. I love him, too. Bemy had a 6-disc CD player, but Cato has an after-market stereo system with an aux jack and a USB charger port.

My dream car? A Tesla, ideally, of some sort. Or, more realistically, I'd really like a Dodge Caliber. I just think they look cool. Unfortunately, they've been out of production for 6 years, so I'll probably settle for something that looks like them (but NEVER a Fit).

I really want a car that's either purple, blue, or orange (a dull bronzey orange, probably).
stay off the faerie paths

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue May 01, 2018 8:41 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I'm 25 and I don't have a driving license.

I want a Tesla. If it was self driving that would be even better.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea