Young Writers Society

Most Inspirational/Feel Good Movies

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

It's a tough time for a lot of people right now, so what are some movies you watch that always inspire you/make you feel good?

It's a Wonderful Life has to be top for me. I don't understand how anyone could not be moved by that this ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfUV-F9jFro

Not necessarily "inspirational" but I just feel so happy whenever I watch A Hard Day's Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeyeO4d5-Qw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmvV8T2_GDs

There are many others I'm forgetting I'm sure.

What about you guys?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:09 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

My favorite comfort movie for when I want to laugh is Clue!
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

This next one isn't really a movie nor is it the typical feel-good film, but I'm mentioning it because it makes me feel good and its familiarity comforts me the most. Thanks to the book, I love these characters like no others, and their intertwining stories embedded in the harshness of the Old West never get old. I'm talking about the mini series Lonesome Dove. read the book first pls ty
Spoiler! :
There's not really a good trailer available on YT except this Blu-ray one so it'll have to do, haha.
phpBB [media]

Lastly, Raiders of the Lost Ark with its two successive sequels in tow. It's a classic adventure, brilliantly made, funny, and with Harry at his peak. I've seen it way too many times but it's just as good each watch.
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

Apparently for me, comfort/feel-good movies = familiar, classic movies. I'm not so sure what my favorite "inspirational" movie is - everything I watch inspires me creatively in some way.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 am
View Likes
LJF says...

The Odd Life of Timothy Green
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhaPxj1EIhg
A couple unable to conceive buries a box filled with all the hopes and dreams they had for a child in their garden- and the next thing they know, a boy named Timothy appears, claiming that he came from the garden and that he's their son. he certainly seems to be the culmination of their wishes, but somethings are rather....odd about Timothy- not the least of which are the bright green leaves growing from his ankles.
“In order to...apply the teachings of the Aincrad style...keep its secret motto in mind: "stay cool.”-Reki Kawahara
"I’m glad I didn’t die there. I have to go home. I’ve still got things to do.”-Yukako Kabei

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:51 pm
TopKeks says...

Paul Blart Mall Cop is a pretty good inspirational film if you're morbidly obese. Even though he's fat, he's still able to be a hero and get the hot girl at the end. I mean, it's a bit misleading since it's giving obese people false hope, but it's nice to see the effort was made.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:33 pm
View Likes
JoeBookman says...

Secondhand Lions for me.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:16 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

The Book of Life. I can't stop smiling after watching it (the goddess is so beautiful too!).

"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:21 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Wonder for me <3 Almost cried and I hardly ever cry at movies. Just so good!

Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I came here to say It's a Wonderful Life! So now I'll pick a different one. :P

I didn't grow up with it and haven't watched it enough times to really get that sense of comfort, but Inside Out makes me cry every. single. time from sheer release. Her story is just so healing.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 pm
View Likes
IacanusNegraeus says...

The caption says it all.

Random avatar

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:49 pm
TopKeks says...

Lightsong wrote:The Book of Life. I can't stop smiling after watching it (the goddess is so beautiful too!).

Isn't being attracted to cartoon characters a little odd?

IacanusNegraeus wrote:The caption says it all.

Agreed. Great film.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:10 pm
IacanusNegraeus says...

TopKeks wrote:Agreed. Great film.

It's inspirational because it shows you how it's no impossible to break out of prison. Gives me a little bit of hope just in case I get thrown hawkblocked during my rise to power. Hawkblocked, because some could be neocons or extreme imperialists or something. Or fiscally irresponsible idealists to the other side of me!

Hmm, it'd give me something to do in the slammer, at least. Realizing that I can't avoid sounding as if I'm copying a certain failed art student in how he kept himself occupied when he got time, I'm going to write a detailed political treatise that shall inspire people everywhere to rise up against our national-populist overlords. I welcome thee all to join me in the struggle, so that we may disassemble the monarchy, retrain people to be cool and tolerant and liberal...and for God's Sake...deregulate the market. It kills innovation.

That's why the 80's were a great time to be an innovator. The computer and game industries grew to an unprecedented. How much did you invest?

I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert