31%
What the heck is that?
8%

Total votes : 13

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:18 am
Kanome says...

Lel. Another poll? Kanome just stahp already.

Reverse harem is basically where male characters have feelings for one female character.
Last edited by Kanome on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:59 am
Kazumi says...

I will not watch any of it because I'm a guy and I like girls, not guys. I don't want to select between a bunch of hot guys because I'm straight and not gay. Nothing wrong with being gay, but that's just not my thing. I want to be surrounded by a legion of hot women of all heights and cup sizes, and I want to drown all myself and all my sorrows in bountiful thighs, plentiful booties, and abundant bosoms.

Sure, I do forget my sufferings in being with my broski gang of boys. Like the famous singer Cyndi Laupner once said, "Boys just wanna have fun." However, the guys in such anime are so highly romanticized and tailored to the specific interests, expectations, and maybe even fetishes of its female audience to the point where these men don't feel like real men at all. The men I know and love shout and scream retarded things when they're alone in a room and do things so stupid they'll end up laughing/cringing at the thought of it years later over a drink or smth. It's alright to me if men are portrayed this way for the sake of the female audience. It's cool, but it's not my thing.

Also, the few that I've watched have also really basic main heroines. I dunno, they're just passive people. The main girl of UtaPri comes into mind when it comes to this. Maybe there are exceptions to that, but I'm not sure. That's just my experience with it.

Only under very specific conditions will I freely choose to watch such an anime until the end. Like, if the main cast is full of very admirable people that grow and become even more admirable people in the course of the show, or if I click with the guys, or if the guys are so jaw-droppingly hot that I'd find my heart racing for their touch, then yes, I may watch it.

Wait, one last thing though. Isn't shounen ai basically boys' love? I mean homosexual boys falling for each other.
top kek

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:05 am
Nobunaga says...

All day every day. When you think about it, Fruits Basket was pretty much reverse harem.
"Be the butthole" - Lareine, 2018

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 pm
Lightsong says...

Harem/reverse harem in general? No. But there is a very few animes that use the genre effectively.

My favourite and only reverse harem anime is something that has a title I forgot. It's based on a visual novel - I think? - and it's just so adorable and cute. The deep moments are indeed deep, and most of the guys are hot and have strong personalities as well. My favourite is the jock one because he's handsome and has a scene where he's shirtless and his abs show. xD Also the perverted monk brother because he's so handsome and his huge frame suggests something bulky behind his robe as well. I'm hopeless. =UwU= Does someone know what anime is this?
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
— George Eliot