z

Young Writers Society

What anime character do you think had the saddest backstory?

What anime character do you think had the saddest backstory?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:10 am

Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist)
62%
Naruto Uzamaki (Naruto)
8%
Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler)
8%
InuYasha (InuYasha)
23%

Total votes : 13

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:56 am
LJF says...

sorry, I had the light off and couldn't see my keyboard.
One of the most characteristic parts of Fairy Tail is that every character, even the villains and bit characters who show up for two episodes have tragic backstories.
But I guess you haven't seen it, so that would explain it.
“In order to...apply the teachings of the Aincrad style...keep its secret motto in mind: "stay cool.”-Reki Kawahara
"I’m glad I didn’t die there. I have to go home. I’ve still got things to do.”-Yukako Kabei

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:33 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

TopKeks wrote:
LJF wrote:Ìwhy are thereally of carry tail characters on this list?

Thank you for your interest in YWS, but we are primarily an English speaking board.

@TopKeks --> YWS welcomes all languages evenly; even so, it is not your place to divert someone from the site, nor derail a thread.

Back on topic, the anime character with the saddest backstory to me is probably Kougami from Psycho-Pass. No spoilers, though.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 am
TopKeks says...

Lumi wrote:
TopKeks wrote:
LJF wrote:Ìwhy are thereally of carry tail characters on this list?

Thank you for your interest in YWS, but we are primarily an English speaking board.

@TopKeks --> YWS welcomes all languages evenly; even so, it is not your place to divert someone from the site, nor derail a thread.

I know, but I didn't mind helping out. You're welcome.

Toy Story 3 had a pretty sad back story, I'll put it in a spoiler just in case
Spoiler! :
Lotso the bear's back story was pretty sad, but also kinda edgy, like he turned super scary evil from it so it was cool, but it kinda made it less sad cause he was a fudge head.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu May 24, 2018 2:18 am
fishsashimi says...

(goes into rant mode)
hi i think zero two from darling in the franxx had a terrible depressing backstory along with many of the other characters

i get it you’ve never heard of it because it first came out in january

basically her story is that she was a hybrid of human and a monster called klaxosaur. the rest is a spoiler kinda
Spoiler! :
she was experimented on by dr.franxx, or papa, as many people know him. they think he was a hero who basically saved the human race by building mechs to fight the monsters. her childhood is full of being isolated from basically any contact from anyone unless being fed or experimented. i cried the entire episode just because of that.
wheeee~

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin