z

Young Writers Society

Question

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:22 pm
Rascalover says...

So, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I was wondering if there was a site like this for adults? I've been an active member since 2008 when I was 14, but the older I get the more I feel out of place here. I still love writing and editing and make it a daily part of my life, so I want to continue using sits like this.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about blogging. What blog sites do you guys use? What do you blog about? Would you ever use a blog to post your writings on?

Thanks for any and all help!
<3 rascalover
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:37 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I honestly don't know of any other site setup like YWS in the feedback-oriented way that YWS is, for adults (I actually don't know of ANY that are setup like that, besides YWS, though I guess I haven't really been looking).

I get that you'd be starting to feel on the older end of things, but there are actually quite a few 20+ members on the site. I'm 20, for example (still four years younger than you, but still!) and I can count off the top of my head quite a few active 20-somethings on YWS.

I've been on Facebook writing groups and such, and honestly I value the advice given to me by the youngest members on this site over the advice given to me on those groups. Writers on YWS have been writing reviews and giving constructive criticism ever since they joined, and it shows.

In any case, I hope you find what you're looking for! ^_^ If you ever want a friend though that's in more of your age group, let me know!
100% autistic

456 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:42 pm
View Likes
Rascalover says...

Holysocks wrote:I honestly don't know of any other site setup like YWS in the feedback-oriented way that YWS is, for adults (I actually don't know of ANY that are setup like that, besides YWS, though I guess I haven't really been looking).

I get that you'd be starting to feel on the older end of things, but there are actually quite a few 20+ members on the site. I'm 20, for example (still four years younger than you, but still!) and I can count off the top of my head quite a few active 20-somethings on YWS.

I've been on Facebook writing groups and such, and honestly I value the advice given to me by the youngest members on this site over the advice given to me on those groups. Writers on YWS have been writing reviews and giving constructive criticism ever since they joined, and it shows.

In any case, I hope you find what you're looking for! ^_^ If you ever want a friend though that's in more of your age group, let me know!

Thanks!!!! Yeah! YWS is so unique! Thanks for the reassurance! Makes me feel so much better lol!
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:17 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

There was a time that we were trying to get an adult version off of the ground but it didn't really work out. I've been here for 10 years as well now and also joined when I was 14!

The site's average age is actually slowly creeping up as more of us twenty-somethings stick around.

If you feel like you need to talk more about cocktails, house prices and general what-is-adulthood stuff, feel free to join The Collective Quarter Life Crisis in the clubs section ;)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

456 Reviews

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:19 am
Rascalover says...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to check that out :)

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable