z

Young Writers Society

A Food Survey: Favorite Ice Cream in Neapolitan Trio?

Which flavor?

Vanilla
36%
Chocolate
52%
Strawberry
9%
I don't do ice cream.
3%

Total votes : 33

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:54 am
Brigadier says...

If you had to choose from these 3, what would it be?

I could do like twenty articles on different ice cream flavors since there's hundreds, but for the purposes of this poll, I've narrowed it down to the main three.

Throughout time (okay since the early 20th century), vanilla ice cream has mostly been the most popular ice cream and according to the IDFA's 2017 survey, vanilla is still at the top. Chocolate and chocolate candy mixtures all hold spots in the top 5, but the point is that vanilla is still the best and has been for awhile.

Now, I don't agree with that. I think that chocolate is best. The argument for vanilla is often "it goes best with pie" and I don't know about you, but I think chocolate ice cream and berry pie is pretty good. Chocolate is the same sort of neutral as vanilla, it's strawberry that you've got to be concerned about.

If you want to read all the technical parts of that survey and the further results, it's on the International Dairy Foods Association website, conveniently linked below.
Vanilla Reigns Supreme; Chocolate Flavors Dominate in Top Five Ice Cream Favorites (Among Americans)

So this brings us back to the question listed above. If you had to choose from chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, which would you choose and why?
And of course the 4th option because ice cream isn't for everyone.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:47 pm
Aley says...

I would go with vanilla because I'm pretty simple with my tastes. Chocolate can be too much at times, especially if it gets chalky. Vanilla is more lushious to me, and I enjoy the consistency. I don't really like strawberry because it's too sweet. Now, if you put strawberry chunks in my vanilla, I'd enjoy it like strawberry jam in oatmeal.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

i avoid the strawberry at all cost.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm
Mea says...

I didn't used to like vanilla much at all until I actually got some real vanilla ice cream rather than the cheap kind and realized that stuff is amazing. Chocolate is still better on average though. <3

Strawberry... just no.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 pm
inktopus says...

Strawberry, but with the caveat that it has to have real strawberries. I love strawberry ice cream, but not that fake crap.
insert profound quote here

Formerly Stormcloud

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 am
alliyah says...

Strawberry ice cream and strawberry milk are the dairy products that nightmares are made of. I mean I'll eat it (because it's ice cream) but I won't be happy about it. My issue is that it doesn't really taste like strawberries and the pink color is just unsettling for me.

I think in the Neapolitan mix I'd go for the chocolate. But generally vanilla ice cream is ideal if there are ice cream toppings involved, and honestly if there's ice cream there should be toppings involved.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 am
PrincessInk says...

I don't really eat ice cream...:P The last time I had some was several years ago, so I picked "I don't do ice cream".
always daydreaming, always clumsy

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles