z

Young Writers Society

A Food Survey: What is your opinion of iced tea?

The Ice Tea Debate

No sugar.
4%
With sugar please.
23%
Depends on the purpose.
4%
How about those flavors?
4%
Just sweet tea please.
23%
Maybe a lemon slice.
4%
Ew ice tea.
8%
Why ice down tea???
15%
Coffee is so much better.
15%

Total votes : 26

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:24 pm
Brigadier says...

To satisfy a few of things I need to do, I'm killing three birds at once and creating a new column that I'm thinking of titling "A Dixie Kitchen". (Which once upon a time was a name I used for a food blog but that's old history.) This thread isn't about the name though, it's about your thoughts on tea, specifically iced tea, and depending on your answer choice to the poll, very specifically sweet tea.

So choose your option and give me a line about why. Or just give a lecture on how your method is the best method and that no one else can beat it.

The poll addresses 3 things.
1. Do you like iced tea with sugar or no?
2. Do you like iced tea with the possibility of flavorings?
3. If you don't like iced tea at all, is there something you can claim is better?
(and then support your opinion please)

Now my West Virginia grandmother's recipe is somewhere along the lines of 4 parts sugar to 1 part tea.
I'm not joking in the slightest.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:31 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Ohhh a food survey! I have many opinions!

Coffee or Iced Coffee is just better - umm because you can put all sorts of flavored creamers in it and stuff. And Caffeine is super necessary for my life, so that's another thing.

If it's gotta be iced tea though - then I'm going to throw in lemonade and a bit of sugar. Although ideally you'd still be able to taste the tea primarily - but just tea on it's own is --- ehhh.... Not my favorite, sort of just tastes like leafy mud water. {which is maybe how some people describe coffee, but that's besides the point}
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'm up for a food survey! :)

1. I prefer iced tea without sugar. In the summer, I like to drink unsweetened green tea served cold. But it's ice-less, so I don't know if it'll match with ice. Maybe.

2. I think, as long as the tea in question matches with lemons, I'd advocate for them.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Ew iced tea is accurate. But I chose Coffee is better, because coffee is better.

You know, with lots of flavored junk in it to do away with most of the bitter coffee taste.

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 am
View Likes
rosette says...

I think I would love your grandma's iced tea. The more sugar the better. But also, the more ice the better.

Now I want some iced tea.
On earth I long to be like Him

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:02 pm
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

How can anyone hate iced tea?

It's the only way I drink my tea. With sugar and lemon juice. Every night. House wine of the South. :wink:
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

766 Reviews

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

@alliyah @blueafrica
*unfriends*

@PrincessInk
There's a blend of green tea that Lipton used to make, that was pomegranate and iirc specifically meant to be iced tea???

@rosette
yeah it's nice as long as you don't watch her make it and have to realize just how much sugar is in it...

@bluewaterlily
idk but this thread has proved that someone can

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:39 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

American codswallop.

If it ain't hot, it ain't tea.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:26 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

@LadyLizz you know you love me.

Or at least you know you don't dislike me enough to bother unfriending me over tea.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:03 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

StellaThomas wrote:American codswallop.

If it ain't hot, it ain't tea.

I have to concur with Stella. Iced tea is weeeeeiiird and drinking it is too uncanny for my brain to handle. Hot tea all the way.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:09 am
ChieTheWriter says...

Sweet tea, y'all. Sweet tea. Iced tea too. Heck, it's a whole lot better than hot tea.

really the only thing I might like better than coffee on an average day is sweet tea. Not too sweet tho, icky. Just strong tea with a bit of sweet

EDIT: here

1. Do you like iced tea with sugar or no? Yes with sugar most of the time, but I like it plain too.

2. Do you like iced tea with the possibility of flavorings? As long as it doesn't take away the iced tea taste. If it's going to taste like raspberry lemonade, then label it so.

3. If you don't like iced tea at all, is there something you can claim is better? Mute point according to this question, but iced tea is something (besides water) I can drink all the time (though I usually don't since I'm lazy) and like just as much as coffee. Not as much caffeine.
Last edited by ChieTheWriter on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:13 am
alliyah says...

@LadyLizz don't unfriend me, just grab some iced coffee - you'll see it is the ultimate beverage option. :D

Also, can I ask why "Depends on the purpose" is a survey option? I'm just trying to imagine what scenario that would be someone's opinion of iced tea... what purposes could iced tea possibly serve besides drinking it?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

alliyah wrote:what purposes could iced tea possibly serve besides drinking it?

acting like a true southerner on the 4th of July. And it washes the BBQ down XD.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

766 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

@alliyah
That was in reference to sugar preferences.
Like I drink unsweetened when I'm working on school and stuff and not wanting to brush my teeth and stuff.
And then I drink sweetened (and peach) when I don't care and/or a party.

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:53 am
HumanTrash says...

Man I need sweet tea I can't do hot tea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown