z

Young Writers Society

I have a stupid Idea. Someone confirm how stupid it is.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:07 am
deleted221222 says...

I take a lot of my ideas from Japanese Anime and Manga (Which very heavily preys upon prepubescent boys and perverts) and usually add some twist to build of off (The Mage and the Immortal was based on the rampant "Other World" stories that have taken over recently). I had another idea based off of it that I want to do because it sounds amazing and stupid at the same time.

It's basically a comedy about a girl (Who we'll call Lily for no obvious reason) that gets sent to an All Boys school (based on the common cliche in Anime where a boy gets sent to a school either entirely inhabited by or at least dominantly female) because her grandfather wants her to find a fiancee. Lily had finished her training to take over the family business, so her grandfather wants her to find someone who won't drag her down. Of course, because of her intensive training, she hasn't acclimated to the outside world, so most of the story, especially the gags, will focus on the fact she was a sheltered child. Her best friend in the school is pretty much the only one who doesn't want to be with her, so he just tags along because he finds her amusing.

Also, Lily's a lesbian. Probably should mention that. Everyone except the best friend doesn't know. It's not like she's keeping it a secret, it's just that no one really asked her.

Please tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 how stupid this idea is.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:09 am
Poopsie says...

make it a script. It'll be easier. You could pitch it to crunchyroll or something.

I only say script because it sounds like you want to write in the format animes use. It would be a lot easier to include the same quirks as animes such as the one you aim to create if you write this as a script.

(also don't say it's stupid. If you think it's stupid everyone will think its stupid and thats stupid.)
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:16 am
Virgil says...

How is Lily going to an All-Boys school when she's...female? That's my question. I say this because "All-Boys" usually means "All-Boys" and no girls or anyone else on the spectrum--at least not openly.

How old is Lily? Is she old enough to have a fiancee? Is she old enough to still be in school as well?

What is this training for? What is the family business? Why can't she find a fiancee in their area?

Those are all questions that I have for this idea of yours. Hope that helps point out a few of the chinks in the armor.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
— Thomas Edison