Young Writers Society

Any college/university members here?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:10 am
View Likes
writingleos7 says...

Hey guys,
I'm new on here and I joined because the site format really is similar to NaNoWriMo - but like all year conveniently.
Anyways, on there a lot of us college goers got together and collaborated with pieces and advice. And just would vent when anyone needed and be there to support one another.
And I wanted to see if anyone was on here.
Let me know if y'all are in college,university.
And how you're coping with life.
The struggle is real.
All my love,
L

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:13 am
View Likes
rawrafied says...

Hello, welcome! :D Happy to see more NaNoWriMo people. I haven't been on the site in a few years, so I'll take your word for the similarities. xD But, yes, you get to write year round at Young Writers Society. Y'know, when life let's you. #DebbieDownerOverHere

Oh, and yes. I'm still in college for 2-ish more years. :]

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:29 am
View Likes
Virgil says...

Of course there are people on here! Welcome to YWS, writingleos7. If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or any other names in green or red. That being said, a question to get to know you better: What do you like to write? I assume you like writing prose to an extent because of NaNowrimo, but I couldn't help but ask.

I hope you end up enjoying the site as much as I do!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:14 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Welcome aboard!

I'm not in university but I'm around that age (20) ish when people do the thing. I know we have quite a few college/university students on here, so don't give up hope! ;) They're just all probably hiding right now.
100% autistic

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:35 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Definitely! There's a wide range of ages on here, so you'll find a variety of people, including college-aged. I'm in college myself, so I'm enjoying these last few weeks of freedom before it's back to the grind.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:02 pm
View Likes
ChangeTheWorld says...

*raises hand* Me! Me! Someone reminded me we have 17 days until move-in day and I was like WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!?!?!?!
"I'm gonna make a change for once in my life.
Gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference.
Gonna make it rrriiiggghhhtt!" --MJ

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:00 pm
View Likes
InfiniteRectangles says...

I'm a sophomore in college. Right now I just go to a local university that's so close to my house I can walk there. I'm majoring in English but the college I go to right now doesn't have all the classes I need so I'm going to have to transfer at the end of the semester, which sucks. I like going to a college that's so close to my home. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. Welcome to YWS! :D
"We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories" ~Jonathan Gottschall

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:04 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

I'm in university and I'm stressing big time over it rn, trying to figure out where my scholarship money is. HOLLA

welcome to YWS c:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:52 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm in college and freaking out because I just got moved from a dorm to a suite and now have to find some way to pay for it.

Welcome, though! Hopefully we can stress out about college collectively. Why is it such a mess?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:48 am
View Likes
Veni says...

I am at uni :) We should start a club.
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:57 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I'm in my second semester of my first year of uni! So far better than my first semester, in no small part because I'm no longer getting home at 8pm (commuting is fuuuuuun).

Welcome to the site! :)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:36 am
View Likes
ArcticMonkey says...

I just finished my first year of university. Currently on Summer which is just way too long in my opinion, cannot wait for university to start again (can't believe I'm saying that). I'll probably regret saying that once the time comes around.

Anyways, welcome to YWS! Let me know if you have any questions.
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:46 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

I'm heading back in September for my 4th (and final) year after working on placement for this past year. So I'm excited to be back but also dreading the workload!
Welcome to YWS :)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:25 am
View Likes
writingleos7 says...

HI GUYS!! TYSM for the lovely welcome :D sorry i replied so late, i've been swamped at work. Anyways you all are wonderful and I had to follow all you guys so we can help each other out with writing and college/20s life struggles ETCCCC :-? lol. Hope everything's well.
All my love,
L
:smt007

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon