Young Writers Society

Who were you so long ago?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:57 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I joined YWS about a week before my birthday back in February of 2016. So not that long ago, though it does feel like I've been here for a while.

I remember when I first joined I was really excited about Storybooks and what is now known as "The Roleplay Realm." I remember a lot of people being really friendly and welcoming and telling me how the site works, namely TheSilverFox and Wolfical I believe. I was a bit overwhelmed at the time actually by how many people were eager for me to get involved, so I stepped my toes in hesitantly in the Character Chit-Chat forums and in one SB at the time.

Since then I'd like to think I've improved a lot as a writer. I've never been a big reviewer unfortunately, nor do I post much anymore (mostly because of really low self confidence). But I remember getting lots of good feedback back when I did, and it was helpful and left me even now with things I'm mindful of as a writer.

My activity was off and on, but when I started talking to more people and getting to know more of ya'll I began to check here every day.

It's been fun and I really enjoy all of you guys. Ya'll are super encouraging and sweet people
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality