Young Writers Society

Who were you so long ago?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:57 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I joined YWS about a week before my birthday back in February of 2016. So not that long ago, though it does feel like I've been here for a while.

I remember when I first joined I was really excited about Storybooks and what is now known as "The Roleplay Realm." I remember a lot of people being really friendly and welcoming and telling me how the site works, namely TheSilverFox and Wolfical I believe. I was a bit overwhelmed at the time actually by how many people were eager for me to get involved, so I stepped my toes in hesitantly in the Character Chit-Chat forums and in one SB at the time.

Since then I'd like to think I've improved a lot as a writer. I've never been a big reviewer unfortunately, nor do I post much anymore (mostly because of really low self confidence). But I remember getting lots of good feedback back when I did, and it was helpful and left me even now with things I'm mindful of as a writer.

My activity was off and on, but when I started talking to more people and getting to know more of ya'll I began to check here every day.

It's been fun and I really enjoy all of you guys. Ya'll are super encouraging and sweet people
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

If you don't know it's impossible it's easier to do. And because nobody's done it before, they haven't made up rules to stop anyone doing that again, yet.
— Neil Gaiman