z

Young Writers Society

Fandoms

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:38 pm
beachgirl2004 says...

My friends and I were discussing this topic one day, and I thought about the different fandom's I belong to. Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Moana . . . I could say more but my hand gets tired of typing. What fandoms are you guys in? Please reply!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:25 am
Iggy says...

Hey there and welcome to YWS! I went ahead and moved this to our charter forum because the Welcome Mat is specifically for introductions. :)

I am in SO many fandoms like you have no idea. Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight (no shame), A Series Of Unfortunate Events, Sense8, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, House of Cards, Orange Is The New Black, etc... I could go on forever xD
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:50 am
Virgil says...

Welcome to the site, beachgirl2004! I admit that I'm not into that many fandoms, though I have read Percy Jackson from a couple of years ago, and that was a fun enough series to keep me entertained. Moana is pretty great too.

I hope you enjoy it here! Some other people on the site are also involved in fandoms, so I think you'll feel welcome here. c:

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:19 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

-Star Wars. This is probably my biggest one, take a look at my profile page.

-The Chronicles of Narnia.

-Lord of the Rings. Well I've only read The Hobbit and am starting the first book of the trilogy as of now. EDIT: I'm reading Return of the King and just yes.

I think that's it.
Last edited by ChieTheWriter on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:50 pm
Mageheart says...

I'm the type of person who becomes barely active in a fandom, only to return upon finding some old things I did for it. So I've been in a lot of different fandoms, and the list I'm about to give probably will change in the near future.

The Bartimaeus Trilogy - This is the series that really got me into writing fanfiction and posting stories online, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart.
Percy Jackson - I loved reading the books and always rush to get the newest book, but it's only recently that I've started to consider myself part of the fandom.
Stargate - I don't really know any other fans, but I love this series so much. Which is a good thing; my entire family is obsessed with it.
Bendy and the Ink Machine - This is probably my newest fandom, and I've already fallen head over heels for the story and the game design. I've made an ask blog for it on Tumblr and have even drawn some fanart for it!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:53 pm
Poopsie says...

GIVE ME YOUR BUCHANFICS!!!!!!!!!!

The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:35 pm
erilea says...

I know it's kind of late, but...

1) Percy Jackson

2) Harry Potter

3) Magnus Chase

4) Kane Chronicles

5) Trials of Apollo

6) Zootopia

And probably a lot more that I can't remember. :P
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:28 am
Carlito says...

Harry Potter is my first and most serious love.

I'm also really into anything Disney (especially when lions or princesses are involved). Top 5 Disney movies are The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Pocahontas, and Tangled.

For TV shoes, I loooove the OC, Gossip Girl, and Parenthood.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:00 pm
micamouth says...

Stand aside.

Harvest Moon DS (specifically this game), Animal Crossing, the Bravely series, Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, Studio Ghibli, Harry Potter and related spinoffs (such as Fantastic Beasts), His Dark Materials, Chaos Walking, Overwatch, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Bungou Stray Dogs, Shimaname Tasogare, 20+ webcomics I'm not gonna name since this post is getting unnecessarily long.

... does Bill Wurtz count as a fandom?

I think the three out of these that have influenced me the most are Horizon, His Dark Materials and Chaos Walking.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a fantastic story and lesson for humanity. It really makes you think about the consequences of our actions as human beings, always striving to perfect something in our world but causing more problems as a result. The world itself is absolutely fascinating, a post-post-apocalypse filled with colour and life - and killer robots. The characters are honestly some of the best written I've seen in recent years, especially Aloy, the main character. She - yep, female protagonist in a popular PS4 action RPG - has had a tough time of life so far, but that really doesn't stop her. (Also, her comebacks are glorious.)

His Dark Materials... Need I say any more, besides the title? This book is like a Bible to me. It combines genres beautifully in a study of religion, self-awareness and love, wrapped in a blanket of fantasy. The story itself is wonderful, but the meaning behind it - slowly revealed as the series goes on - is what really affected me. The concept of a conscious particle will forever fascinate me. This series asks the big questions about identity and wisdom - who are we, and how do we know?

I haven't finished the Chaos Walking series - in fact, I'm only just beginning The Ask and The Answer - but Patrick Ness has done something beautiful here. The story itself is unsettling and brilliantly suspenseful, but this is amplified by Ness's writing style. By writing in first person and in a more natural way, bypassing normal grammar laws, it creates an effect of being there, feeling the speeding up of Todd's heartbeat, feeling a knife wedge between ribs, feeling every emotion and thought in a person's Noise. I hope to develop a style as enchanting as Ness's someday.
formerly Sagitta

Never use your shield as a dinner plate, for that is when the enemy is most likely to attack.
— The KotGR Commander