z

Young Writers Society

June Reviewing Shenanigans

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:42 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

So you're here because of the provocative title. Last month, May, broke the record of being the strongest month reviewing-wise since last June. I'd have to say that's quite the accomplishment, with May ending up at a total of 1488 reviews. That's almost 1500 reviews! This month, I want to see if we can aim even higher.

Let's kick May's total with a boot and show what we can do during the summer. For a lot of people, exams ended recently and now school is letting out, if you're not out already. Let's take advantage of that and make this a great month for reviewing.

And, if you're having trouble finding an incentive or a motivation to review, you can always join The Knights of a Green Room. There, you can earn badges and write about your achievements, and I encourage you to check it out if you haven't already.

Not only that, but if you're struggling to review or you want to improve your style, the YWS section of the Knowledge Base contains a handful of articles on reviewing.

Happy reviewing this month! I hope you go out and do at least a couple reviews, because I know that I will, and it definitely helps! Every single one counts. The statistics for this aren't a secret either, since they can be found here in case you want to check them out.

I'll also be participating in the #June100 tag in case you also want to try and participate and share your goals in that form too. It doesn't even have to be a hundred. It can be thirty. Fifty. Twenty. Whatever suits you and your schedule best!

Let's make this happen.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:37 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I might try to tortoise my way through the month so I'm going to go for #June30! (I'd love to be at or above 900 reviews by the end of the month so I'll be half-way to red #2) :D

If you're not familiar, Team Tortoise means you try to write at least one review every single day of the month. If you miss a day, you're out. Even though it still says March, the leaderboards keep track of team tortoise over on the right side at the bottom.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:39 am
View Likes
Virgil says...

@Carlito I totally forgot to bring up Team Tortoise--that's perfect! <3 Much love, I hope you do end up accomplishing your goal for this month.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal