z

Young Writers Society

Need Help With A Character Name Poll

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed May 24, 2017 5:56 am
Aleta says...

Hello! I need help naming my second main character from my book, How To Build A Human.

Appearence: "The builder stared at his creation with a pressing apathy. His creation was a male adolescent, with polished, russet clay skin and curly jet-black hair that stuck close to his forehead. The boy sported a few black freckles from when the builder's grip slipped and splattered and dropped a few droplets of inky paint. He had an oblong face, pointed cheekbones, and a determined chin. He had created the boy to be lanky with a narrow figure; clumsy, sure, but his speed would outpace others. The mold's eyes were yet to be put in, although they were fit for being deep set, shadowed, and slanted.

There was a slight uneveness about his creation's face, which was intended. It gave the creation uniqueness, and a drawing curiousity that would be sure to grab the attention of other mortals. His nose was long, and expanded only somewhat at the bottom. Below it was his thick-set mouth, which curved upward at the ends into a natural, albeit blank smirk. Drifting brume obscured the rest of his features."

NAMES
=====
Waou'il
Boa
Endowin

Which one do you like the most? I also don't mind getting some more name reccomendations :smt002

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed May 24, 2017 9:49 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Ooooh I really like Boa.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed May 24, 2017 10:50 am
View Likes
Feltrix says...

I would definitely use Endowin. Waou'il is hard to pronounce, and Boa isn't a word that I'd use for a name. Also, I feel that Endowin fits the character well.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed May 24, 2017 11:57 am
View Likes
mavisknightley says...

While I like the name Boa best for this character, I would give this a try if you are still stumped: listen to the character speak. Often, hearing phrasing or getting a sense of their personality can help with naming, even more so than physical description.

Hope this helps!

-mav

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed May 24, 2017 2:14 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'd choose Endowin. The first one is very complicated and probably hard to pronounce, while I feel as if Boa doesn't quite fit for such a name. But in the end, it's your opinion ^_^.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed May 24, 2017 2:42 pm
Aleta says...

I'm going with Endowin and using Boa for his funny outgoing friend. Thanks guys :)

"Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks."
— TryHardNinja