z

Young Writers Society

What are you reading?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed May 10, 2017 6:45 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Lately I've been on a reading kick- which is good because I'm normally terrible at sitting down and reading for the simple pleasure of it. I'm currently reading The Summer We Saved The Bees by Robin Stevenson and so far I'm liking it. ^_^

So whatcha read'n?
100% autistic

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed May 10, 2017 10:05 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

Good thing the title doesn't say 'currently' (oops :3). I'm still slowly working through The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. Slowly because I've been so busy this year (my friend's mom lent it to me last December) but also because it's so, well, good that I hate the idea of it being over ya know?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed May 10, 2017 10:06 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

Books I've started and say I'm reading but haven't actually touched in a while --

Ahsoka - E.K. Johnston
Dracula - Bram Stoker (who else?)
and The Pier Falls and Other Stories - Mark Haddon
also checked out A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon, from the library, for the millionth time, alongside Pier+OtherStories. need to finish that sometime in my lifetime. Haddon is actually a really good writer in my opinion; I'm just a really bad reader so my books-to-read keep piling up and up and up and up and

also have Flash comics I need to read
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed May 10, 2017 10:13 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Currently working on Weaveworld by Clive Barker, a long and surreal fantasy novel. I'm also trying to keep up with the 2017 readers challenge, but I keep getting sidetracked haha.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed May 10, 2017 10:50 pm
View Likes
occymay says...

I currently reading The Seventh Tower series by Garth Nix, I'm on Into Battle which is the sixth one out of seven. I have read it before when I was 13 but I couldn't remember anything so I asked for the set for my birthday. I have been focusing so much on my writing that progress has slowed, I haven't picked it up in the last couple of day.
One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

Tessa Gray- Infernal Devices

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu May 11, 2017 12:50 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

When Calls the Heart by Janette Oke. First of the Canadian West series, we'll see if I like it or not.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu May 11, 2017 3:39 am
Holysocks says...

@ChieRynn I haven't read the series but I saw some of the tv series!
100% autistic

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Thu May 11, 2017 10:26 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and have been checking out the library for Thirteen reasons why, but no luck-- blergghh
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 am
View Likes
WanderingCloud says...

I am currently reading this forum. Is this counts?

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu May 11, 2017 12:53 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

I actually have a list of things to read so I don't forget them all. Right now, I'm reading Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, and so far, I'm not thrilled with it, but I have to read it for school, so there's not a lot I can do. It also interrupted my second reading of the Artemis Fowl series.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Just seconds ago I finished Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton, it was really great. <3 Up next is Three Dark Crowns.
Parlez-vous français?

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri May 12, 2017 11:31 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I'm currently reading Les Misérables on my commute to uni, and since I'm spending so much time on the train I'm getting through it quicker than I thought I would. The only problem in how much space it takes up in my bag (also it gets pretty battered around so who knows that kind of condition it'll be in by the time I've finished it).

I'm also reading Bosnia: A Short History by Noel Malcolm, because I visited Bosnia last year and wanted to learn more about the country's history, and get a bit more of an understanding about the war in the 1990s.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue May 16, 2017 6:48 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

This is terrible but I'm currently reading The Selection by Kiera Cass.

And I'm not even a little bit sorry.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue May 16, 2017 8:47 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Got about a third left of Wizard & Glass, the fourth Dark Tower book. Also doing some light rereading of select parts I love from the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed May 17, 2017 3:05 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

Wizard and Glass is one of the many books I currently have half-read around my house! I started rereading the Dark Tower series last month, but ground to a halt in #4 due to a combination of NaPoWriMo getting in the way, and also the fact that I don't enjoy it as much as the previous three.

Also sat in my stack of books-with-bookmarks are Lab Girl by Hope Jahren (new read) and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (reread), and I just reread The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul for a bit of light distraction-reading.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners