z

Young Writers Society

What little things on YWS brighten your day?

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Wed May 03, 2017 10:53 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

What little things on YWS make you happy or brighten your day?

It makes me happy when I get likes on anything from a status to a piece of work or a review. It just feels nice to know that someone's stopped by and had read or a look and enjoyed it enough to like.

I also enjoy small interactions on statuses (statusi?). A little bit of banter or catching up with someone.

And seeing people excited about their latest story or poem or idea!

What about everyone else?
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed May 03, 2017 11:23 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

@Mage, firstly.

Secondly, RPing, especially with @RavenLord.

Thirdly, talking birds with @ChieRynn.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed May 03, 2017 11:30 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

beckiw wrote:
It makes me happy when I get likes on anything from a status to a piece of work or a review. It just feels nice to know that someone's stopped by and had read or a look and enjoyed it enough to like.

I totally agree with this one ;)

And also personally being thanked for reviewing really makes my day as well.

And seeing well-thought posts (especially SB posts and reviews) make me happy because the person who wrote it put in quite a bit of work.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed May 03, 2017 11:47 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

Reviewing, receiving wonderful reviews, and seeing people work together as they have this month to keep the Green Room clear. <33

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Thu May 04, 2017 12:45 am
View Likes
RubyRed says...

Oh, just seeing a post on my wall of someone saying hello, knowing I helped someone with a review, or seeing a new like on one of my works. :D
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu May 04, 2017 9:26 am
View Likes
Cadi says...

*likes beckew's topic to make her happy*

I also like getting likes and little comments that show someone appreciated something. And hearing that a review I wrote or something I did helped someone out!
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu May 04, 2017 12:22 pm
View Likes
occymay says...

I really love that I'm now following 4 people's stories and reviewing them. It makes my day when the person posts a new chapter and it makes the person happy knowing that they will always get good, consistent reviews for as long as they post. I also love how supportive everyone on here is, you have a bad day people say things "my inbox is always open" or "I hope it gets better", and when you achieve something you get congratulated.
One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

Tessa Gray- Infernal Devices

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu May 04, 2017 6:01 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Getting notifications during the middle of the week because I usually only get things on sun/mon and fri/sat. And also slowly easing back into reviewing because that was really painful for me to do after being away so long. But now I'm remembering how happy it used to make me before pit of depression #1 and #2.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Thu May 04, 2017 7:35 pm
View Likes
deleted21 says...

Honestly, the idea of YWS is enough to brighten my day! :')

I really love it when people say that, the stuff I share are funny and making them laugh! Tis like a big fat achievement. Then, it makes me really happy about myself when I participate in the review days, that feels like helping and being productive! Next thing that makes me super happy is the Pawprints badges that I get solely for reading books! It's the best possible thing ever! :D

Sooo, yeah!

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Sat May 06, 2017 12:27 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

Reviews, especially. It's nice knowing that someone took time out of their day to read and think about how to improve my work. Notifications do, too. I don't know why, though.
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sun May 07, 2017 12:48 pm
View Likes
Silberfee says...

Making me feel empowered, I would have never started writing again if there wasn't a group of people (even if they are virtual) to give me feedback and help me become a better writer. I don't feel as awkward posting something I'm paranoid about because of the virtual part (I always hated showing teachers my work and watch them correct it and write comments)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

If I could right now - though it's definitely a little late - I'd reach my arms through the screen and give you a super tight hug @featherstone9086 for being so nice. <3 I'm glad I can make you smile!

YWS in general makes me smile, though I love reading the new chapters of stories I'm following. I also chatting with my friends on here and seeing notifications that have to do with me in particular. It makes me feel really important and special! And everyone here always brighten my day. So there's that too. <3
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue May 23, 2017 8:53 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

RPing, and posting a work and getting reviews.

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100