Young Writers Society

A Family Feud (an RPG event)

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 pm
Gringoamericano says...

The event is over! Thank you for those who participated and spectated

Hello all; the (unofficial) YWS discord is running its first (fantasy themed) RPG event on (the date has been automatically converted to your time zone), and we're looking for interested players!. We're gonna be using the FATE Core system; an RPG setup which relies heavily on Role-Playing. As a result, any dedicated storybookers or role-players are greatly encouraged to join in. Here is the general plot for the event's session:

Spoiler! :
There are three kingdoms fighting for absolute control; and your actions may shift things in one of their favors.

Hidden inside a city-state in which none of the other countries dare set foot in, is a magical artifact said to be capable of things beyond man's wildest imagination. Out of a desire to wield its power for themselves, and out of fear of what the others would do with it, the rulers of the three warring countries have each sent a team of people to retrieve it.

King Luis of the Eastern kingdom, an accomplished knight since the age of 16, has gathered up a group of people from his old warband whom he knows to be hypercompetent and will follow his word to the last sentence.

This is not you.

Queen Susana of the Northern kingdom, taking advantage of the prosperous times her lands are in, has hired the best mercenaries money can buy.

This is also not you.

and lastly, is King Dimas of the Western kingdom. In the middle of a 10 year plague, all he has to rely on are the mercenaries he can afford with his meager funds.

This is you.

Your goal is to infiltrate the city-state without letting any of its residents know who you're working for, and find and retrieve the artifact. All while racing two other crack teams to it.

Player slots are limited to six people, so if you're interested in participating, please shoot me a PM on here, or on the uYWS discord (which, again, is where the event will be taking place). Otherwise, feel absolutely free to spectate!

For more info about the RPG system being used, feel free to read the manual or consult the FATE srd. Otherwise, we'll try to inform people as best as we can the day of the event.

Hope to see y'all there!
Last edited by Gringoamericano on Mon May 01, 2017 12:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:37 pm
Caesar says...

one silent swordsman, at your service.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 am
Steggy says...

I'll join! ^^
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

25 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 pm
View Likes
Gringoamericano says...

@Dino @Caesar @Sarukathehuman @birk @Biscuitsleguin @Remembrance

So here's how the schedule for the event is going to look. Again, the event will start at (the date has been automatically converted to your time zone). We will dedicate 2 hours towards introducing the game, the world, and for creating your characters. We will then dedicate 4 hours towards playing it. If you have any questions or if this doesn't fit your schedule, PM me

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 pm
Caesar says...

fine by me
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:08 pm
ExOmelas says...

yup, works for me

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

25 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 01, 2017 12:55 am
Gringoamericano says...

The event has ended. Thanks to all who participated and spectated!

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell