Young Writers Society

Earth Day

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The environment and the earth itself matters a lot to me. Besides the fact that this is the only planet we have, I hate seeing the problems people have caused for our planet with things like pollution and deforestation. That's why days like Earth Day, which is on April 22nd, are incredibly important to me. The planet we call home is in trouble, and the upcoming holiday reminds us of that. But it also reminds us to make a difference for all of the wildlife we hold dear.

This thread is where you can talk about how much Earth means to you, and what your plans for Earth Day are.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:57 pm
Mageheart says...

I'm cherishing the earth this Earth Day through photography.

Since fall, I've been taking pictures of the litter I see when I'm hiking. I'm going to sit down sometime before Earth Day and go through my pictures; my plan is to put them together in some sort of album. I'm not sure what I'll call the collection of pictures, but it's supposed to show how much people litter and how litter doesn't belong.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:05 pm
View Likes
Silberfee says...

you should share some of the photos of litter on here, sometimes photos speak louder than words :)

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:13 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The earth, the wilds, is everything to me. The only place I ever feel truly at home and at peace is alone in the woods or in the middle of nowhere, with no sounds but the birds singing and the whisper of wind through the trees. The only thing that lights the fire within me is my love for nature and all her creatures. The one thing I want to do with my life is do something big, something that will truly help save the world and the wilds.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:03 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Unfortunately, on Earth Day this year, I'll be in a car on my way to Tennessee for some swing dancing. However, Tennessee is, in my opinion, one of the best places to appreciate nature because of the beautiful Smoky Mountains and the drive from Georgia to TN is absolutely stunning. I'll probably ask the boyfriend if we can stop at some point during out trip to appreciate the beautiful TN nature. And then on Sunday, go for a day hike in the mountains!

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

I could literally be Obama and you guys would never know.
— AilahEvelynMae