z

Young Writers Society

What are your 2017 #reviewgoals?

What are your #reviewgoals?

To earn (a) star(s)!
30%
To hit submit and get that YAAAAAAAAS feeling!
15%
To earn more points than is healthy.
9%
To help others improve, and improve myself in the process!
30%
To beat the Leaderboards!
6%
To bring glory to the Knights of the Green Room!
9%

Total votes : 33

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:16 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

While I'm stuck in my quest to #jumptheleaderboards, I'm always curious about what everyone else is up to on the Yewis! What are your Review Goals? Do you measure your reviews by stars? By points? Or by staying on the monthly leaderboards? OR is it something else, like helping out writers in need?

Whatever the case, I--and they, the haematic horde of eldritch beings that simmer in wait beneath the crust of the YWS circuitry--want to know what makes your YWS-heart YWS-tick!

So what are your #reviewgoals? Discuss here, discuss on your wall! Answer the poll, leave the poll for the fish! It's your world, so why not review a green story?! FOR THE GLORY!

(Be kind to rabbits. They are so kind to you.)

If you're looking for some cool review features YWS has, check these out!

The Green Room, where you receive bonus points for reviewing works therein contained! These literary works have yet to receive two proper reviews, and the goal of all YWSers is to keep this place empty! We even have a troop (sometimes troupe) of Knights (below) dedicated to keeping this place as empty as possible! Have at it and rake in those points--and more importantly, help those writers!

Will Review For Food, where you may post a thread and let the writers who want reviews on their work request reviews from you. It facilitates the relationship between writer and reviewer and ends the eternal struggle of what should I review next?

The Knights of the Green Room, where reviewing in the Green Room will earn you badges and bragging rights and lifelong friends (and a whoooole bunch of Monty Python references.)

Articles on Reviewing, covering everything from basics to the symbolism of a blue table. These articles are sure to give you a nudge in the right direction if ever you find yourself stumped on what to say in a review.

Review on, YWS!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:21 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

You know, I voted for all of them because this is all of my reviewing goals and more, but realistically and my real goal is to earn at least two red stars by the end of the year and my goal for the middle of the year, or on my YWSiversary, is to have all blue stars by then. Let's hope I can achieve that goal!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

gold star number 5
joking, that's a bit too lazy even for me
probably something more like 2 or 3 blue stars by the end of the year or even maybe by my ywsiversary

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:51 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I want to actually start reviewing. Like, try to get my fifth star or possibly a blue star by the end of this year.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:39 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Low-end: sapphire stars perfection; high end: a single fiery ruby.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:19 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

This year I want to get all 5 yellow stars if possible :) But then I don't know if it's possible because I actually don't know how many reviews have to be done for that.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:23 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@PrincessInk --> The yellow stars go like this!

For Yellow Stars:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

And then for every colored star past that, just add 100!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:25 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

@Lumi, thank you for the explanation :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

Poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just don't get - and never would get.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe