8%
I prefer ketchup
No votes

Total votes : 40

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:55 pm
Holysocks says...

For some reason, I hate the texture of mushrooms. Diced up they're alright, but when people put whole halves of mushrooms in stews and other innocent meals, I just can't get over that smooth, rubbery, texture. And I'm not a picky eater, I'll clarify.

So I'm curious about other people. What do you think about eating mushrooms? Do you like the taste? But more importantly, how do you feel about the texture? Are textures something that often kill the experience for foods and yourself? I personally seem to have issues with slimy, rubbery foods.
100% autistic

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:12 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

The best appetizer I've ever had at a restaurant is a Portobello mushroom stuffed with just Italian sausage, feta cheese, and bell peppers; all baked in a pizza oven with a balsamic reduction drizzled over the top.

It was gorgeous. And delicious. And short-lived.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

I don't really like eating raw mushrooms for the reasons you give. But, cooked mushrooms? Oh man. They're delicious. They're one of those yummy vegetables with a mild flavor that soak up all the rich spices all around them.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 pm
PrincessInk says...

I prefer cooked mushrooms, like @Snoink. Especially in soups.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:04 pm
Steggy says...

Mushrooms, to me, have that weird texture. And every time I try to eat one, I get that gag reflex (this also happens with olives and tomatoes).
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

in anything mushrooms are delicious
tho tips for you all who dislike them, a recommendation that has come from my aunt who despises mushrooms
fried anything is delicious so try out some fried mushrooms
(freezer ones can substitute for real Pennsylvania mushroom house ones)

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 pm
Mea says...

I used to hate mushrooms a lot for their texture. Then I had them in some soups and stuff. Now I still can't stand the texture, but they do add some good flavor, so I'll eat them in things if they're chopped up small enough.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:39 pm
Auxiira says...

I make a mean mushroom soup.
But yeah, there are a lot of things you can do to change their initial texture. I recommend frying them, definitely. Slice thin, garlic, herbs to your preference.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:46 pm
Dracula says...

I hate raw mushrooms but love them in any form when warm and cooked.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:26 pm
View Likes
EternalRain says...

I'm the same with Steggy - I get that weird "gag" thing. I can't stand them - I just try and avoid them. I don't mind if they're in a soup/dish for flavor, but I won't eat them (picky oops).
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:02 am
Carlito says...

Mushrooms <3 <3 <3
I'll eat them raw or cooked, but they're much better and have much more flavor cooked. If they're raw they need to be in a salad and without stems, I wouldn't just eat them plain. Mushroom soup is everything. I love stuffed mushrooms, mushrooms on pizza, mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms. I've had portobello mushroom burgers (as in a mushroom cap in lieu of a burger #vegetarian) and that's not my favorite because it's hard to eat, but everything else gimmie.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:47 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

I love them in any form :] I also don't enjoy pizza without them, for example. I can eat it, but meh. Mushrooms rule.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:12 am
View Likes
DragonWriter22 says...

Where's the "Yesssss!!!!!!!!" option?

I don't think I was that in to mushrooms when I was little, but I love them now. I love them usually in a dish such as in pasta, eggs, soups, pizza, stuffed, but I also like cooked mushrooms by themselves. Plus a love of mushrooms gives me a feeling of kinship with hobbits. :D
No. For the last time, I don't write on dragons!

I am the Night Rider! Wait, I mean the Night Writer! Ah, no. Well, I do write at night, but... I am the Knight Writer of the Green Room! There we go. :D

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:50 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Mushrooms are amazing and if you love them sautéed try deep fried mushroom caps from Logans Steakhouse. They make my mouth water just thinking about them.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

Random avatar

Reviews: 75
Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:10 pm
MeisterChan says...

Blehh. Definitely a 'Nay'. It's been years since I've tried them but I absolutely hated the texture, it was far too rubbery and the taste was just yucky!

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights