z

Young Writers Society

What are some of your earliest work?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:40 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

The first thing I remember writing was when I was around seven to nine. It was a story about a missing trick-or-treat bag (though I actually never went trick-or-treating XD). I illustrated it myself and I actually could finish the story, though the ending is cringe-worthy.

Then I later tried my hand at writing a novel. I filled in the plot, my characters, and I started writing it. I wrote (longhand, double-spaced) about 200 pages and then I abandoned it. I kept restarting my story, until I realized it was too cliche and I moved on to other stories.

So what's your early work?
Last edited by PrincessInk on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:39 pm
View Likes
MrPhox says...

Hmm my first story was on cub central archive ^^

I have not see it since, well since that place no longer exist. beside I could mostly rewrite it a lot better ^^

And yea, it was an adult furry story.

my others stories are beside one unfinished. Well the first one was (not the one from above) was but I wanted to redo it and realize that I did not advance, so I decide to put it the way I did it in the first place. But I needed a species, a visual representation of it so I could describe it. Now that I have it, I can go work on it.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:20 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

I was a tiny little CoN, and I wrote about a princess who married a vampire-zombie. I recently translated it to share with some friends, here's my favourite bit:

And so, gave they birth to 12 children. And they were all vampire-zombies, just like their daddy.

Elena took care of the children like no one ever cared for anyone, and loved her husband like no one ever loved anyone. But then one day they started to torture her terribly.
— Go — one day her husband told her — go to the volcano and throw yourself into it, and I will arrive with the children later.

The wife found it odd, but she agreed. And, she made a terrible mistake.

Nobel prize, here I come.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 am
View Likes
Cadi says...

When I was 7, I wrote a tiny book called The Adventures of Squeaky the Mouse - handwritten on sheets of blue paper, with illustrations, and stapled together. Alas, I then gave the result to my teacher, who was moving city, as a gift, so I can't go back and appreciate the, uh, sheer skill of the thing.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 am
View Likes
KaitoSSK says...

I wrote something in my middle school years.
It's about detective stuff chasing a criminal for vendetta..
If i remember correctly, i named it "Truth and Justice"

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:52 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

My first 'novel' (about 5k words) was about a notorious cloak-wearing nine-year-old space pirate who, in the opening scene, took five bullet wounds to the chest and successfully escaped through the back of a space restaurant which happened to be the only inhabited area for three planets.
We were born to be amazing.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:35 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

I wrote things before this for school, but the first thing I really enjoyed writing was in fourth grade. It was about two gremlins who managed to safe beast kind from the evil humans.

Since then, I wrote a story about two half elves trying to save the rest of the half elves (all of my characters had violent mood swings, because I was trying to get them to play a lot of roles at once.)

Since then, I've written many adaptations of the Myriad, which I'm currently working on. In the first draft, my main characters were captured and recaptured so many times it was reminiscent of Zelda or Peach. It took me four years to write 132 pages, so the plot got completely convoluted.

The second adaption is fairly similar to what I have now. This time, it took me about six months to write 255 pages. There were serious pacing issues, though.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:21 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

I wrote a story about two animal detectives when I was around 10. It might be a cool idea a resurrect as a kid's story, but doubt anyone would read it.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:14 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Probably the first major story that I ever remember writing was a novel I tried to write when I was about 10 or 11. My mom had mentioned to me something about a young writer's NaNoWriMo (with a goal of 30,000 words instead of 50,000 in a month), and so I decided to sit down and complete it. I had actually come up with four characters in the months preceding the challenge - a warrior queen, an archer, and two knights - and so incorporated them into the story, fleshed out the (relatively simplistic) world, and tried to write a plot. It was full of anachronisms, bad dialogue, an imagination that quickly ran dry, and a lot of story concepts that went thoroughly unexplained (like how a queen just runs off and abandons her entire country, and then sends the army after her son when he takes over and turns out to be a selfish ass/bad king who demanded that his mother stay (at least, that's how I looked at it at the time, although his motivations can easily be perceived in a more positive light)). It went well enough, I suppose, as I did complete the challenge and decided to expand the whole thing.

I ended up writing somewhere over 100,000 words before I felt the editing bug come down on me, so I started writing a second draft for my next NaNo. I will always consider that draft as infamous, as I went almost nowhere in 30,000 words, and was so overwhelmed and consumed by masses of descriptions that it might be my most tepid and tedious work I've ever created. Needless to say, I lost interest in the novel at that point, though I might have tried to pick it up later on. Personally, I may have also been impeded by my family's lack of interest and constant mispronouncing of the title, as these were back in the days that I craved attention as a writer and had not yet come onto YWS. Its characters and concepts would eventually be consumed by later works that have effectively manifested themselves in my stories "UU", or Blessed Are The People. (which I absolutely adore)

Were I to be given the chance to rewrite my old novel, I would probably say no; it's boring, it would require an extensive and meticulous series of edits, and most of what I liked about that story has moved on. I'll always remember the story, but it doesn't serve any use anymore, so what's the point?
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:26 pm
View Likes
Kazumi says...

a half-baked erotica because my friends and I were young and stupid

it was terrible and I never hope to relive that experience ever again

other than that, the first thing I published here was the flashfic Another Smoke, clocking in at about 130+ words. people said it was pretty solid. there began my journey of making flash fiction
top kek

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:11 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I learned about the danger of forced rhyming early. When I was 5 or 6 I wanted to write a song about my room for some reason. I asked my friend for a word that rhymed with room, and she said gloom. The result:

I love my room.
My room is full of gloom.
I love to read my room.
Reading my room.

I also remember writing stories in second grade where my friends and I went around the world saving horses from unusually precarious situations. Like in one, horses were being burned in China for reasons I don't remember. But there was a lot of dialogue, so they must have burned very slowly.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

*looooooong inhale* Digimon fanfic at age seven. AND IT WAS TERRIFIC. I would share excerpts, but obviously that would interfere with the publishing process. ;P
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:44 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Oh gosh... the first story I remember (and ironically the only story I have ever finished) was a Harry Potter fanfic at age 10. It involved adult Harry and St. Mungo's and Hogwarts disappearing into the past and the finale was Voldemort surrounding our heroes with an army of deer. It was an awesome fade-to-black moment. No wonder where present me gets it XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:49 am
View Likes
Iamawriter says...

I wrote this short story about this giant named Caleb and this woman who was being bullied at work by her boss for being a Christian. Caleb was also a Christian and witnessed to the boss who eventually got Saved.
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isaiah 41:10 KJV

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

I ripped off of paper mario and wrote about a book universe inhabited by paper people. Except in mine there were no mushrooms but glowing crayola color swords and all my friends were the knights of that world.

I don't know how or why but there was a scene where it rained cows and everyone celebrated because free beef. O.o strangely it's the only scene I can remember. This was a story of epic proportions too for a 10 year old. 20 whole pages double sided including margins.

I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless