z

Young Writers Society

What's the *weirdest* thing you've ever written?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:05 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

You know, that story, and you look back and wonder if you were sleep deprived (almost certainly) or had accidentally eaten hallucinogenic mushrooms (less likely, but you never know) when you were writing it?

Does it all make sense in context, or is the story just bizarre.

The weirdest thing I've ever written is my novel Silk. Most of it makes sense in context, but when I explain it to people it sounds like this:

It's a steampunk romance and for the majority of the novel the majority of the characters are either:

a) psychic giant spiders
b) heavily pregnant ghosts
c) walls

What about you guys?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:48 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Oh, oh!

In high school, for the creative writing class, I wrote this lovely piece about bathrooms. In second person. Because reasons.

I then proceeded to read it for our showcase night.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:00 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I tend to draw weirder things than I write, but I remember one time waking up in the middle of the night to write this poem and then falling back asleep. I thought it was brilliant at the time, but then I read it later.

Dead like the cat on the windowsill,
you see it where it lay.
It's been sitting there for ages
and that's where it's gonna stay.
Until someone changes something,
until someone cries for help,
nothing will move that cat
on the windowsill.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:35 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I think it was when I was writing something about a strawberry and its tastes (that was more than a year ago, I think, and I liked it then).
always daydreaming, always clumsy

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:00 am
View Likes
Sachiko says...

Prrroooobably the short story about a statue falling in love with some dude.
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:44 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I still have no idea where I wrote it down, or if I just dreamed it up, but I very distinctly remember once writing a short story about a chinchilla and a komodo dragon who were friends at a playground. In grade 1.

I'm surprised I never heard about it for parent/teacher nights...
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:19 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

I write primarily strange things... The first chapter of my novel Frost Lark (which is posted here) was especially weird.

Another example was in school. My teacher have us a blank poem template to fill out (thus defeating the freedom of poetry. Bravo, LA class) and the lines were things like "I am _____," or "I saw ____." She never said it had to be realistic, so I wrote about an imprisoned soldier in the Space Time Galactic War whose whole squadron was murdered by Bivoclar Lizards instead of a life story. I should really post it sometime.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:34 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Probably this: The Popcorn Incident (Highlights include unicorns and exploding popcorn.)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:42 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Lamb of God short story based on communion
Basically the priest starts to pick up the chalice to hold up before jesus and instead picks up an actual lamb, everybody sings the right hymn, and receives communion as if he didn't just pick up a lamb. Yeah so church teaches you things, like how to write a serial killer thriller starting with a priest holding a lamb up during communion. (yes it does go on to be a serial killer thriller from there but I won't say if the lamb or the priest who was the mass murderer)

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:47 am
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

Sachiko wrote:Prrroooobably the short story about a statue falling in love with some dude.

Similar to this but reverse. A story about drunk dude who falls in love with a statue his relative sends to him. Preettty sure I was on a Greek mythology high when I wrote that.

It's that or the one with Artemis and her "adopted" sibling/daughter hamadryad named Xylona trying to find a way to protect a world similar to this but with a world tree keeping it alive. They pretty much have to convince Zeus to stop the decay and sate Gaia's hunger.
Not anymore.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:51 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

None of what I've written is that weird, (I'll have to work on it), but in the original version of the Myriad series, my characters kept conveniently meeting helpful people with knowledge of primordial beings and other universes and were captured more than Princess Zelda.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 pm
LeutnantSchweinehund says...

One time, I wrote an odd story about a hostile encounter with a younger student. I think this actually happened in my life.

Now, it's not the topic that was strange, but it was the methods I used while writing it. I've lost the story some time ago, but I remember some of it. I know I wrote it in a very straightforward fashion, but attempted to decorate it as best I could. In the end, I wrote something truly bizarre, using words I didn't know the meaning of.

However, I distinctly remember a great deal of paranoia involved in the story. I know that the student tried to offer me (the character) something, but I was too afraid to accept it. Again, I can't recall exactly what happened, but I do believe that bear pelts, human slaves, mobile phones and a whole host of nonsensical numbers were involved.

It's hard to describe, and I'm sorry for the lack of details, but it's like a dream to me now.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:40 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

When I was in Grade Two I wrote a story about meeting a toddler-snatching penguin who secretly lived in the venue where we had our end of year concert (we were meant to be writing a recount of the day and I got a little creative).

I also remember writing a story about these robot birds who wanted to become real birds, back when I was in the midst of my Guardians of Ga'Hoole obsession.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

Random avatar

Reviews: 75
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:07 pm
MeisterChan says...

I once wrote a fan fiction for Fairy Tail. I mean, I wouldn't mind writing fan fiction (not good at it though, I assume, I haven't written many) but I wrote a romance scene between two of the main characters. It was cringe-y, not only because it was my first ever time writing a romance but also because it was ... well, actually that's about the only reason. It sucked. I think I posted it on here actually, on my first account.

I'm staying away from romance O_o

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:34 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

I wrote a picture book about a cat working as a night guard protecting the most precious diamond in the world.

It was actually kinda entertaining.

If I were a girl in a book, this would all be so easy.
— Jo March