Young Writers Society

Fictional Siblings

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

From my own experiences, fiction usually has siblings that either don't like each other or don't seem so close. I've seen examples of the opposite, though, and that's the purpose of this forum! If you can think of any siblings from any fictional work - whether they're from a video game, TV show, book or something else - please say who they are here and maybe a little bit about them!

The siblings I'll bring up are Phoenix Ikki and Andromeda Shun in the anime Saint Seiya. Though they were separated for a large part of their childhood, the two become as close as they were prior to their separation. The reason for this separation was that the two needed to train to become Saints, and had to go to different places to get different armor - Cloths. Shun was going to be sent to Death Queen Island; supposedly, if you went there, you would either die or come back changed. Ikki pulled a Katniss Everdeen and volunteered to take Shun's place.

Those two are some of my favorite fictional siblings. Who are some of yours?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:00 pm
View Likes
haredrier says...

The Baudelaire children from A Series of Unfortunate Events are extremely close, as they have to in order to work together and escape Count Olaf. They respect each other's areas of expertise and are always nice to each other and respectful, regardless of the circumstances
Death isn't cruel- merely terribly, terribly good at his job.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:47 pm
View Likes
fukase says...

@Mage

I don't really understand with what you called "fictional siblings" because it triggers up two meanings for me.

1. Siblings from fiction works.
2. A close relationship (but not by blood [this is what another "fictional siblings" definition for me]) that people or they (themselves) refer them as "siblings".

My favorite fictional siblings are Yuu and Mika from Owari no Seraph <3 <3 <3 !!!

Yuu is on human side and Mika is on vampire side and both of them want to rescue each other, but then, they will wage wars on both sides.

Very emotional mixed-feelings story I've ever read in term with siblings.
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:09 pm
View Likes
occymay says...

From the books I have read a few pop into my mind...

Isabell and Alec lightwood from the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare- Alec is older and is very protective of his sister. Though they do have their occasional sibling fights they are very close and understand each other.

Jack and Jaide from the Trouble twisters by Garth Nix- These two are twins and they get along really well and work together to solve the mysteries and dangers they get involved with.

Katniss and Prim from the Hunger games- Although not always together, Katniss protects her sister as much as she can in this series.

America and her little sister from the selection books by Kiera Cass- America is the older sister and she has such a close bond with her little sister it's just beautiful. You also have Eadlyn and Ahren who are twins who feature later in the series. They have a similar relationship.
One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

Tessa Gray- Infernal Devices

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:44 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

Okay. I'm a big fan of the Baudelaire children from A Series of Unfortunate Events. Like @haredrier said, they've been through a ton with each other and I haven't really seen a moment where they want to be alone from each other. It has to do with sort of how they grew up. I actually sort of wonder now how it would be if they didn't care for each other as much in the books.

I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for Supernatural--at least Seasons 1-5. I got bored during 6 and just never picked it back up. Maybe I should. Nonetheless, the Winchester brothers. While they're not completely loving of each other I love the tie that's there that they still care about each other even when they're all pouty and hate each other.

Romulus and Remus. Always loved the mythology behind those two with their mother and them eventually fighting each other. If you think about it, those two were close at first and then turned on each other and man would that make a cool story. Or even, a story where they don't fight.

And finally, A Wrinkle in Time. I have not read this book in for-literal-ever but I loved the sibling dynamics in this book and the main character and the other sibling were always close to each other--not to mention the father in the novel also being apart of the story.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:26 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

I feel like someone has to bring up Jaime and Cersei Lannister in this thread.

Seriously, though, even if we put the incest part aside, I thought their relationship was really interesting (especially in the books). He would generally put her first and cares about her and the entire family (Tyrion, the third sibling, included), though she's using him more than he realises.

And speaking of fictional twins, Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter series come to mind as well :D
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Hail Hydra
— Stan Lee