CYOA Video Game and Call to Artists

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:49 am
View Likes
Rook says...

Hello!

As some of you may have been aware, I've been working on a Choose Your Own Adventure video game for a while now. The text part of it is completed (for now. I may add on more later, we'll see), but it's lacking a little.... spice!

Here's what I'd be very grateful for from YWSers!

1) Play the game as much as you desire and give me your opinions and feedback!

2) The program I used to make this (twine) doesn't have spell-check. I would very much appreciate knowing about any typos you spy!

3) I really, really want to add some art to this, but making art in any substantial percentage to this by myself is a task too daunting to think about seriously. IF you find yourself inspired to draw /any/ of the scenes going on, please do! I don't need any sort of cohesive art style, or even a consensus on what the characters really look like. I just want my game to be more than text on a white background.

Interested? click the spoiler for more important info!
Spoiler! :

There are a few pictures already in there, one of which is:
and another of which is
if that gives you a clue about how low my standards are, and how varied the style ALREADY is, even though I'm the only one who's made art for it so far.

One thing I do ask is that if you're using pictures from the internet, please make sure they're in the creative commons (AKA they don't have copyright stuffs on them and I won't get in trouble IF (that's a big if) I decide to sell this game). An easy way to ensure this is, when you're googling for something, make sure you put the "labeled for reuse" filter under the "usage rights" option. (lemme know if this is confusing)

Speaking of copyright crap:
I unfortunately cannot pay you or anything for this art. It's completely voluntary. But you also give the rights to your art to me when you give it to me. I'll credit you in a "credits" thing I will make if anyone takes me up on this offer. But just don't sue me because I'm using your art. :D
By giving me your art of my video game, you're giving me permission to put it in, and confirming that you understand that you won't get anything out of this bargain except nice feelings of doing a friend a favor.

SORRY FOR ALL THAT LEGAL CRAP! I just don't want to get into any nightmarish trouble.

So yeah, if you have any of those things, just reply below!

Here is a link to the game:
https://fortwas.neocities.org/Backslash%20mountain.html
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:33 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

After saying I'm a snail from the the century 2000, the King says a sentence which contains an "I'm," but the I isn't capitalized.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:59 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

What abouy some tunes for it? :o also I really want to pick that middle route ;_;

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Roombas will cleanse the world yet.

I might draw you a cute little robot- but no promises because im really bad at creating things I say I'm gonna make ;-: I thought that was really cool though!
100% autistic

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:57 pm
View Likes
Que says...

I can draw you things! No idea how much time I'll have, but I'd love to try. :)
Parlez-vous français?

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:45 am
Wolfi says...

This is hilarious and I love it xD When I have more time I'm going to go through all the paths and see what I can draw!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 pm
sheysse says...

I keep this thing open on another window constantly to play in my free time.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:15 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler! :
1. In the 3000 years into the future as a snail option, when you slander the king anonymously and back out, the ending says "spotligt" instead of "spotlight".

2. In the Roomba time travelling option where you stay in the present, if you attend the Revolutionary Robotics Anonymous meeting and recruit many kinds of robots, "duct-taped" is spelled "ducttapped".

3. In the Hugh Dunnit option where Loretta is your ex and she leaves after slamming the door, you say "dremt" instead of "dreamt".

The stories were zany and very well-written. I definitely enjoyed it. :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore