z

Young Writers Society

Spoobs, Inaugural Issue: Interview With Mea

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:21 pm
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

When Squills editor Mea concluded her interview with yours truly, she thought the fun was over. How mistaken she was. Turn off your phones, still your hearts, and let's watch the fireworks...

Mea: I only have half an hour to put the whole [Squills' article] together

Spoobs: Wow. You're really cutting it close. Are you a procrastinator?

Mea: no, I was asked to do it really last-minute
and technically, the deadline isn't for another 14ish hours, but it's night for me and school starts tomorrow so I won't have time

Spoobs: Outrageous. Would you say you're satisfied with the level of commitment to the project from other Squills writers?
Are you excited that school is starting back up?

Mea: it'll be good to be doing things again, but junior year is exhausting

Spoobs: I see. Would you say they give you too much homework?

Mea: not in the classes I'm taking. It's more just that I have a lot of things to do outside of school and much more than bare minimum hw complicates things

Spoobs: Ah, gotcha. Do you belong to a lot of clubs, or is it sports?

Mea: neither - mostly religious things, music, YWS, and family stuff

Spoobs: Cool! What religion are you?

Mea: I'm Mormon, actually.

Spoobs: Interesting. Do you know Fortis? She's Mormon too. Also a popular member way back, BigBadBear. You mentioned music; are you in a band?

Mea: yeah, I know fortis, but I don't know BigBadBear.
I'm play the piano, and I'm in my school orchestra, where I play the viola

Spoobs: Wow. You really must have no time for anything else. Which do you enjoy most? Do you love playing them all?

Mea: I'm much better at piano than viola, but there's nothing quite like playing in an orchestra. I don't know what I'll do once I'm out of school and don't have one to play in
it's exhilarating, working together with 60+ people to make music

Spoobs: Sounds like it! Do you want to go to college? Maybe you could do something in music.

Mea: Yeah, I'm planning on college. The problem with doing something in music is I'm just not good enough to play professionally.
But who knows, maybe I'll find something :P

Spoobs: Maybe! What do you think is a more realistic job goal?

Mea: I have no idea. The serious goal I have is to be a traditionally published author, but I know perfectly well that's both hard to do and there's not a lot of money in it
I've considered everything from social work to computer programming as far as practicality goes

Spoobs: True. Both of those possibilities would probably work well. Programming especially. Do you like helping other people?

Mea: I guess. I was kind of inspired by someone I knew who was in social work

Spoobs: Oh? Who was that?

Mea: she was one of the leaders of my youth group for a while - she was like a grandma to me

Spoobs: How noble! And now, Mea, we come to the end of our conversation, and what an enlightening one it was. For you see Mea -- you see -- the tables turn, the game is upset, and you learn that I have been interviewing you this whole time. Hohoho, don't be too amazed -- my plans always contain twists and turns, thrills and chills.

I, founding editor of Spoobs, set out to interview a member of Squills, and may I say, if I could be so bold, if I do say so myself, I gave it the ol' college try and outright graduated. Now, do I have your permission to post this interview in The Lounge for others to peruse? I'm sure they will be eager to learn about Mea's personal life, and what truly keeps her ticking.

Mea: lol I don't really care

hhahahahahahhaa

Spoobs
Last edited by Prokaryote on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:23 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I swear this was the funniest twist ever. A+, well played, and in my defense it did cross my mind that his questions sounded a lot like a reporter's.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:14 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

@Prokaryote You're supposed to make your text on the right and Mea's on the left with italics. And, You use "S" for "Spoobs" after you've used it once and do the same for Mea instead of the full name. Don't you know?

In all seriousness, this made me laugh pretty hard. I can't wait to see more from Spoobs next week!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:36 pm
View Likes
CowLogic says...

Wow. This was...

stupid
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:34 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Does this mean Spoob is our rival now? o:
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:14 am
View Likes
Rook says...

I was mentioned! I'm famous!!! :')
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

"I think; therefore, I am."
— RenĂ© Descartes