Young Writers Society

The Big Complain-About-Writing Thread

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:47 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I have a town that I liked the name of when I named it, but now I'm like...nope.

Also, sometimes scenes where characters need to get some information are THE WORST. I had legit been working on the same scene for all of Christmas break, until finally I decided to call it quits and write a different scene. Every way I write it, it sounds stupid. Or confusing. Or it doesn't get across the information I want. Or or or.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 am
queenofscience says...

"]Yikes, @Apricity, I can see that being difficult. I've also wanted to try to start a memoir but at this point my life is way too boring for that to happen and I just don't feel in the mood for it. Other than that I've been digging through/brainstorming new ideas prose-wise. For poetry, by now I've ditched the project Seaside but that does give me an opportunity to still write about it so I may either go back to that or use that idea for something else.

I have a story called "Improvisers" for now that's prose that I haven't ever really started but I'm still hung up on that idea is that it's normal people trying to cope in a world with people who use magic and where magic is considered to be upperclass (not in all cases) but that world is one that stills fascinates me.

Because, the protagonists of the story are called these "Improvisers" and they fight with whatever that's around them, even if it's insane like plates or boxes of cereal or old clocks. The last idea is one that I have ideas running through my head for like crazy and I might as well write it so I think I'll kick-off from there and then work on poetry. Rambling always helps.[/quote]

That sounds like a really cool idea. :) I have tried writing in verse before. It's fun, but hard.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:57 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Ugh do you know what's potentially worse than feeling blocked?

Having three or four stories that all want your attention equally and all deserve your attention but you still only have one brain and one set of hands.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I think one of the worst things about writing is that when you have to juggle several things at once. It's as if you're spinning your head around. I have to finish a short story before Sunday and draft a novel... And sometimes you know where you're heading but the words don't come out at once.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:56 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

Thinking of my audience while writing a rough draft. Wondering "Have I got any business writing this in the first place?" Perhaps the worst, though, is "I should research this subject- but how to begin?"
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Not knowing what you even need to research until you're several drafts into the story.

Also: shipping literally every character in your story with every other character and not know which way any single relationship is actually going to go. Your characters don't help because they are okay with all the shipping and are just in love with everyone.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Kazumi says...

I was reading this coming-of-age novel and I found out it was gay. I decided to peek to the last page for the author's info and I accidentally saw the last line of the novel. The main man explicitly stated that he was not afraid to love the other main man. It's not the topic of gay that troubled me, but how it didn't mention anything about it in the back cover. I thought it was gonna be a touching story of adolescent friendship but no no no it was actually more than that. 1/10 misleading

kinda reminds me of yuri on ice hmmm
top kek

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:40 am
Mageheart says...

Right now, my main problem with writing is that I'm just not feeling motivated to write more of my novel. And it's not like I can put it aside and start something brand new like I usually do - I'm getting really close to the climax and the ending. I'm sure I'll get motivated to work on it again, but right now it's a struggle just to decide to do it.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda