z

Young Writers Society

The 100

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:12 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Finished watching season 3 of The 100 a few weeks ago, and loved it. Started watching the show a couple years ago, and it keeps getting better each season. Really looking forward to season 4.

Just some random thoughts in no particular order...

- I cannot stand Clarke. Her decisions constantly get people killed, and they don't have any logical cohesiveness either. I have no idea why anyone follows or listens to Clarke.

- On the other hand, why don't more people listen to Raven? She's awesome and nearly always right, but all the people around her keep trying to convince her she's wrong. Stop trying to tell Raven how wrong she is and just do what she says.

- Kane is great. More Kane! I really like the arc his character has gone through, and unlike Clarke, he's merciful when he should be merciful, and tough when he needs to be tough.

- More John Murphy too, although to be fair, he probably gets more screentime than any character but Clarke because nearly all his scenes pretty much revolve around him. He's more pragmatic and realistic than the rest, and he's had a really good character arc as well.

- Bellamy is okay I guess. I get the feeling the writers don't know what to do with him. Same with Monty and Jasper, who both kind of seemed like non-entities in season 3.

- People from Sky Crew keep dying, but none of them seem concerned about it. I mean, how many of them are still alive by this point? Maybe 200-300? Even just one death is a pretty large loss at that size, and it seems like they lose several people every day.

- The Alie plot was great. It's not only a good AI story, it's also a good mind control story. Had hints of 1984 and Brave New World in it too.

- The season 4 plot line is... dubious. Even if every nuclear reactor in the world melted down at the same time, most people would be okay. But it's sci-fi, so as long as the plot is generally good, I'll be happy.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:45 pm
Omni says...

S3 Clarke was just annoying. I think they just wasted her character away to be so dependent on others. She had a bit of a better finale, but it way didn't make up for how bad she was in the season. I kept just facepalming so many times because she just got ran over by so many people and she allowed it to happen.

Raven is great, and I loved her in season 3. Alie recognized that she is very bright and insightful.

Speaking of Alie, I was a little hesitant when I first saw the storyline of the City of Light in the season 3 premiere, but it was done well. There were so many times where I felt like it was completely over for the main cast because of how manipulative Alie could be. They did an amazing job making people feel hopeless.

I'm tired of Bellamy and Octavia. I feel like they're only there to have conflict (especially with the finale. That was just meh on Octavia's writing) and for the love of god I could not relate to Bellamy at all this last season. I heard rumor's he's not going to make it much further in the series, and I'm completely okay with that.

I'm with you on Kane. Honestly, I did not like him in the beginning of the series, but he has become the heart of this show. He really does what he thinks is best for everyone and is so selfless.

I'm a little hesitant with season 4, but I'm hopeful. There have been times where this show seemed to get a little dry and repetitive, and I'm hoping that they don't fall in the same track with the next season, but it kinda seems that way.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:47 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Oh, do I agree about Clarke... I actually stopped watching after season 2, mostly because I couldn't make myself like her character. Is season 3 worth sitting through it, though? If there's enough other things that make it good, I'd prefer to see it through to the series finale...

Kane's always bee among my favourites. I have a thing for characters who make hard decisions and are often considered villains for it.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:52 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@ChildofNowhere there are a lot of good things about Season 3... but Clarke's not one of them. If you didn't like her in Season 2, you're going to hate her in this season. The story really is compelling, but the characters get annoying at times. Jasper gets old fast, Monty is just kind of there, Bellamy and Octavia are annoying (see my post above), but Lexa has a refreshing presence here, and basically everything with Alie is really good.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare