z

Young Writers Society

I have made a Discord server for us!

Reviews: 3
Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:34 pm
JosephHazel2 says...

So A few days ago I was talking in the chat and in some discord servers in I'm in at the same time. (Discord is a free internet messaging site like skype but better in every way, if you didn't know.) And I thought wouldn't it be cool to have a discord server to talk in as well? So I made one with some other people from the site and I asked Kaos in the chat about it. He said it would be fine if I advertised here as long as I made sure that everyone knows that this discord server is not run by or operated by Young Writers Society. The views and opinions stated on this discord server do not necessarily represent Young Writers society or it's owners. As of right now it's run by me but if it gets too big for me to handle I'll hand it off to YWS itself. If YWS doesn't take it I'll look for someone in the community to take control, and if no one will it will die in a fire alone.
On that happy note, Join us! https://discord.gg/d6Zh4gB Or not, it's cool if you don't want to. (Oh we have voice chat and a music bot as well. :wink:)
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
-George Carlin

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:53 am
Audy says...

Cool :O Thanks Joseph! <3

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:18 am
Prokaryote says...

As of right now it's run by me but if it gets too big for me to handle I'll hand it off to YWS itself. If YWS doesn't take it

Dude, Yewis doesn't want it, why do think the chat is closing in the first place? =P

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:58 am
lostthought says...

In the case of the previously stated discord link not working, try this one.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:47 am
CarryOnMrCaulfield says...

The invite expired.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 am
haredrier says...

@CarryOnMrCaulfield try the first link again maybe? it worked for me:

https://discordapp.com/invite/d6Zh4gB
Death isn't cruel- merely terribly, terribly good at his job.

19 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 am

haredrier wrote:@CarryOnMrCaulfield try the first link again maybe? it worked for me:

https://discordapp.com/invite/d6Zh4gB

Nope. Still nothing.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 am
Lumi says...

Basic invite links are good for 24 hours. There's a way to force the link to never expire, but I believe that must be done by the creator of the server.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

19 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:07 am

Can someone make another?

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:55 am
GoldenQuill says...

Subscribing in case someone makes another invite to the Discord server. If someone wants to add me specifically, my name is GoldenQuill, #8556. If you'd just like to add me on Discord, do so as well, even if we haven't talked. I made Discord to talk to YWS people, so feel free to add me!
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 am
View Likes
Kale says...

After it came to light that the original invite link was showing up in a Google search, we had to take some steps to secure the server, which included revoking the original link.

Members will now be required to verify their YWS account before being granted access to the rest of the server, and if a random internet denizen appears, they will be encouraged to join YWS (because hooray for advertising).

The new invite link: https://discordapp.com/invite/xXQEE7t
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 pm
View Likes
JosephHazel2 says...

I am sad to say that due to personal reasons I am leaving Discord. I am sorry this is so sudden but it must be done. So the server can keep running I have given ownership of the server to Gringo. This had to be a quick passing of the baton, and I am sorry I could not go over it with the other staff members. I trust Gringo will manage the server well. Again, I am so sorry.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
-George Carlin

We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun