z

Young Writers Society

What popular book series is your favorite?

What popular book series is your favorite?

The Hunger Games
7%
Harry Potter
42%
The Infernal Devices
5%
Divergent
No votes
The Throne of Glass
9%
The Maze Runner
9%
The Mortal Instruments
5%
Percy Jackson
23%

Total votes : 43

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:17 pm
Charm says...

I actually really hate Divergent and I never read Percy Jackson. And I let you pick two because I'm nice c:

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:27 pm
View Likes
fukase says...

If you never read Percy Jackson, I've never read all of the options given but Cassandra Clare's novels especially Infernal Devices.

Infernal Devices Forever. <3
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:28 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@nicolmemo

yessss, she is the reason why i became a writer ;-; You can still vote for TMI and TID xD

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:07 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

None of these... Maximum Ride regula surpreame!!
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:49 pm
felidae says...

Percy Jackson for life
Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm
Mageheart says...

Percy Jackson ties with Harry Potter for this! ^_^
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:20 am
Carlito says...

KaiRyu wrote:None of these... Maximum Ride regula surpreame!!

Maximum Ride <3 <3 <3 (three hearts because I love the first three books so much, but after that I thought they went downhill).

Okay, but this isn't even a contest because Harry Potter is and always will be the greatest. 8)

I enjoyed the Hunger Games way back when and I liked the first Divergent book (haven't read the others...). I remember liking the Mortal Instruments books way back when as well. But nothing. moves my spirit. like Harry Potter. Harry Potter Generation forever and ALWAYS <3(okay i'm done now :p)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:47 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Of the books on the list, my favourite is Harry Potter (which I think I'm due to reread but I have SO MUCH to read at them moment so it keeps getting put off). I enjoyed the first three Mortal Instruments books, but I thought they jumped the shark a bit in the fourth so I never continued reading them. I really like The Hunger Games as well. Not particularly fussed either way re: Divergent. Haven't read any of the others (aside from Percy Jackson, where I believe I read the first book quite a few years ago but never got around to continuing the series even though I enjoyed the book a lot).

Favourite popular series that aren't on the list would be The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater and Skulduggery Pleasant.

My all-time favourite series of books however is the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld.

EDIT: OH OH I can't believe I forgot to mention A Series of Unfortunate Events because well, would you look at my signature. Lemony Snicket forever.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:08 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

TriSARAHtops wrote:EDIT: OH OH I can't believe I forgot to mention A Series of Unfortunate Events because well, would you look at my signature. Lemony Snicket forever.

*gasp* I forgot about A Series of Unfortunate Events! I loved those books back in the day too. They really got me into reading when I was younger, and they are long overdo for a re-read!

EDIT: And the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares is one of my absolute favorites as well. One of my first novel attempts was basically just a horrible re-telling of Traveling Pants <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:31 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Harry Potter, first choice, no contest.

Then it's between Divergent and Percy Jackson. It's a tough choice for several reasons:

I love the insight of human nature in Divergent. The series went downhill in the last installment; Divergent and Insurgent are okay.

Percy Jackson... well, I actually don't like him. I have this strong urge to find flaws in fans' beloved characters, and that includes Annabeth. The fanwar in Goodreads between Piper and her sates me. I like sideline characters like Hazel and Frank. That series I like, which doesn't focus solely on PJ. It's a slightly better series than Divergent until some day when Rick Riordan recycles his characters too much the fans won't bother to expect someone new.

At that time Veronica Roth will rise.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:09 pm
Kingly342 says...

rip, I generally dislike all of those choices on the poll. Why you no have A Song of Ice and Fire as an option?...nnnyyyeeeehhhh....

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:12 pm
Ivywater says...

Harry Potter and Throne of Glass for the win!
Spoiler! :
If you're reading this I hope something good happens to you today <(0^0)>

If plan A doesn't work, stay calm, the alphabet has 25 more letters to go.

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild